• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NES Being blocked, badware/malware

Status
Not open for further replies.
could mirror the database to a vbulletin installation on server only available over Tor, it could stay read only until such time the switch need flipped.

This needs to be discrete. I say it takes Martha 10min tops to figure our she's been duped then down we go again! It's gotta be something ominous like coin or Pez dispenser collecting. Hell, we shouldn't even be talking about this outside of the cone of silence.

cone-of-silence_0.jpg

Last edited:
The site was down for maintenance around 8:30 or so, then the warning came up shortly after. I don't know if there is a relationship or not.

I poked around the source code with firebug and don't see anything too odd. Google safe browsing reports that malware was detected at some point.

Perhaps something from the ad server? There is a lot of funky shit happening there...requests directly to IP addresses etc.

This from the google "why is this happening" type of page:

Of the 92 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 1 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2013-08-08, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2013-08-08.
Malicious software includes 1 exploit(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 7 new process(es) on the target machine.
Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including improvementssuchinvisibility.org/.
1 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including toukialm.org/.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom