• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NES AR Build Party, Feb 27th

Will you guys have the little C-clamps that hold the hinge rod for the dust cover in place? Mine went missing from the kit I bought, so if you have some spares, I'd like to buy one! Oh, and it was recommended to drill some dimples in the barrel for the low profile gas block's set screws. Will there be a drill press or some such available, or should I take care of that ahead of time?

Now I'm really getting stoked!! [party][rockon][mg]

Last edited:
Will you guys have the little C-clamps that hold the hinge rod for the dust cover in place? Mine went missing from the kit I bought, so if you have some spares, I'd like to buy one! Oh, and it was recommended to drill some dimples in the barrel for the low profile gas block's set screws. Will there be a drill press or some such available, or should I take care of that ahead of time?

Now I'm really getting stoked!!

Hell yeah we've got a press but filing the barrel might be a better option for flattening a small area. Up to you really.

I might be interested. I think I just bought the rest of the parts I need to build my ar. Do you guys pin brakes? ( have no idea on what's involved with pinning. )

if anyone has an ar10 barrel wrench and a headspace gauge i'd be happy to trade a case of your favorite beverage for their use at the party. thanks.

I was able to use my DPMS armorers wrench for my 308 build. It was a mega arms barrel and a fortis mfg barrel nut. use the free float side with the prongs. doesnt need to be 308 specific. if you need it let me know
id loan you my 308 guages but i lent them to a guy from work who got laid off. can get in touch with him.

DPMS TL-MW Wrench-2.jpg

The Matrix Arms GB doesn't plan to ship until the week of Feb 29th so it looks like I won't have the crucial parts to participate in this but still plan on coming to watch and learn as this would be my first build. I think I have every other component except the two foundational pieces. Grrrr.

The Matrix Arms GB doesn't plan to ship until the week of Feb 29th so it looks like I won't have the crucial parts to participate in this but still plan on coming to watch and learn as this would be my first build. I think I have every other component except the two foundational pieces. Grrrr.

I am in the same situation. It will be a watching and learning outing for me as well. Hope to be ready to go on my first build in mid-March.

so just get another lower in addition to your Matrix Arms?

so just get another lower in addition to your Matrix Arms?

I have two anderson lowers but no additional uppers and at this point and with the money spent on everything, I think I just have to wait. I plan on using the andersons to make a 9mm and a 300 blackout eventually. But 556 first

Do you guys have equipment to stake bcgs? Headspace gauges? Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
All right final call boys and girls, I've got the 10 of you listed in the OP, am I missing anybody? You all can start piling in around 12, we'll be there ready to hit the ground running. Also I'm bringing some chili for food, and I think mama Mirra might stop by with some goodies.

All right final call boys and girls, I've got the 10 of you listed in the OP, am I missing anybody? You all can start piling in around 12, we'll be there ready to hit the ground running. Also I'm bringing some chili for food, and I think mama Mirra might stop by with some goodies.

Never met the mama .
Sam will be tagging along . You bringing the gf

If I brought someone that wasn't building but wanted to really see the process and learn more about AR's would it be 15 for them as well?

I will be there. Will need some guidance torquing on the barrel (arriving tomorrow) for my first complete build.

Back
Top Bottom