• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NES Android v1.3

NES mobile app is dead as a doornail on new Samsung Galaxy SIII, crashes on opening and kills the phone for 20-30 seconds. Any suggestions?

Just tried it on my Galaxy SII with Android "ice cream sandwich" software. Still crashes like before...

It was working on my tablet Monday. Haven't used it since though. I think I prefer using the browser though. Not because the app is bad, it's just the way I use the forum. I usually go to a section and open the threads in new tabs, then I go back and read them (usually starting with the shorter ones). I don't think that's an option with the app.

Vbulletin has two options for mobile viewing. They have a lightweight mobile version of the forum that can be added to the forum and they have forum runner functionality built in. Now this applies to version 5 according to the website. NES is running version 4.2 currently. I do not know if version 4.2 had a mobile functionality package or if you can even get it now or if they want you to pay money to upgrade to version 5.

http://www.vbulletin.com/mobile/

I'm not a forum admin anywhere else but I would like to think that adding mobile functionality to a forum (with an address like m.northeastshooters.com) wouldn't be that much of a headache. If Derek found it to be a PITA to add this functionality, then I forgive him for not implementing it [cheers].

I cant get it to work on my phone i log in and them it goes black amd then says its not working gues i just keel useing the internet on my phone :/

Samsung galexy sll

I just got some cheap Craig tablet... but can't seem to get the mobile app to install. The tablet uses the "GetJar" app system... is there some way to force an install of the NES app?

This tablet runs on the android operating system.

Not sure if this is the right spot. I started having an issue logging into the app. I deleted the app and re-installed it. Says I am missing client information when logging on. If anyone has an answer please PM me.

Support for this app has been deprecated. You will need to switch over to either Tapatalk or ForumRunner.

Support for this app has been deprecated. You will need to switch over to either Tapatalk or ForumRunner.
Alright, I'm computer stupid, this app will run on the DROID os using Tapatalk and/or ForumRunner? Or the NES mobile app is just gone away for the time being.

Alright, I'm computer stupid, this app will run on the DROID os using Tapatalk and/or ForumRunner? Or the NES mobile app is just gone away for the time being.

The NES specific app is no longer supported and will not work.

Tapatalk and Forumrunner are different apps that both allow you to browse the forums, as well as numerous other forums. Download one of these to use instead.

Back
Top Bottom