NES 70s/80s Shoot - UPDATE: SEE POST NO. 1

• Thread starter Deleted member 67409
  • Start date
All action shows from that era seemed to have a no-die policy. Well, besides Quincy, that is. Hard to keep an ME in business if no one is dying. LOL.

It may be part of the reason I didn't think "real" people were allowed to own guns. Hell, I was 29 before I bought my first gun. Whoops!

All action shows from that era seemed to have a no-die policy. Well, besides Quincy, that is. Hard to keep an ME in business if no one is dying. LOL.

It may be part of the reason I didn't think "real" people were allowed to own guns. Hell, I was 29 before I bought my first gun. Whoops!
I think Miami Vice was the first to have baddies die on network programming. But I'm too lazy to research that statement.

Here would be a few "period pieces" for the shoot:

commando-mark-iii-45-carbine-tommy-gun-01w-660x219.jpg

s-l300.jpg

wm_2197934.jpg

iu

I think Miami Vice was the first to have baddies die on network programming. But I'm too lazy to research that statement.

In that era. I'm sure Mannix and Baretta and Cannon had a few BG's that got popped. I remember thinking back then, "what is it with this lots-shooting-no-hitting thing? Old westerns you'd kill off 3-4 characters a show. And don't go down the Red Shirt road of Star Trek."

Like I said, I assumed, growing up in that era, that guns weren't for regular citizens because it was only bad guys with bad aim and heroes that were experts at hitting the ground in front of the BG's could own guns.

I've got one of those S&W TR Specials with no TR logo on it. Model whatever. That'll be good. Shoulder holster needs to be ordered. LOL.

A Highway Patrolman would be ideal, though. Back in the mid-to-late-80's, there was a model company that sold kits of guns-of-the-day. I had a HP model. It was cool to build and handle when I was in HS.

I own a pair of reproduction Rhodesian Brushstroke short shorts and would wear them plus a Brushstroke tunic with a FAL. And a BHP. Because Rhodesia.

short shorts, a.k.a. rugby shorts, I have a pair in black. I'd love to rock that outfit, but I'm afraid that if I start ordering that merch online I'll be on yet another list.

I've got one of those S&W TR Specials with no TR logo on it. Model whatever. That'll be good. Shoulder holster needs to be ordered. LOL.

A Highway Patrolman would be ideal, though. Back in the mid-to-late-80's, there was a model company that sold kits of guns-of-the-day. I had a HP model. It was cool to build and handle when I was in HS.
I'm in and will bring mine!

Teacup grip, or grip-around-strong-hand-wrist, is necessary for anyone shooting one of those:

120412092816_marion_hammer_story_top-tfb.jpeg

What I call the "Police Woman, with Angie Dickenson" grip. Grab strong-arm wrist with off-hand. Point weapon to the sky and point as if there was a ball-bearing in the barrel and you are trying to FLING it downrange prior to sight-picture.

It'd be funny if that isn't EXACTLY how my wife shot at the range most of the time. She still does the flingy-thingy every now and again. It took my son a while in Karate to stop punching that way so it must be hereditary. LOL

I think Chuck's Hoes (aka Charlie's Angels) had a similar grip style.

A-Team Firing is like the bilateral version of Imperial Stormtrooper Marksmanship Academy. It's poor marksmanship on *both* sides of the battle. With A-Team Firing, nobody on either side hits anything. (Productivity warning for TVTropes links.)

Similar to the NYPD police shooting stats. Clint Smith had the statistics researched, im not quoting but with revolvers they averaged something like 2.1 hits for every 6 rounds fired. Once they switched to semi-autos it went down to 1.? for every 17 rounds. Then they stopped keeping statistics lol.

I can bring the Hi-Power,1076,Colts. and old Smith’s.. clothing no way

Probably would bring a couple 1911's, a HiPower, Sig P220, 1927 Thompson and a Camp 9.

Have to hit a Salvation Army store for some polyester sport coats and slacks.

If needed I could likely get one of my clubs to host. The limitation for carbines would have to be pistol cartridge only. Also drawing from a shoulder holster with a round in the chamber would not be safe. So you'd have to draw and then rack the slide. Other than that, it's just a matter of coming up with some rules, classes, props and stages.

Here is a list of guns in Miami Vice Season one:

Miami Vice - Season 1 - Internet Movie Firearms Database - Guns in Movies, TV and Video Games

Other clubs have done this:

You’re going to want to check out this new 80s-themed firearms match

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom