NES 70s/80s Shoot - UPDATE: SEE POST NO. 1

• Thread starter Deleted member 67409
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 67409

A fellow NES'er and I have been discussing the idea of a 1970s or 1980s shoot. Basic concept is to shoot guns representative of the decade(s) while dressed in period clothing and or gear. Dress up like Frank Serpico and shoot your Browning Hi-Power. Break out that weird 70s camo pattern and an 870. Trim the moustache like Tom Selleck and carry a Colt Government Model in a SOB holster. The color brown. You get the picture.

1581354289165.png

Winner gets a case of Seagram's 7 or Smirnoff if we do a 70s match.

Thoughts?

EDIT:

Seems like there's a solid interest in this. If someone's in, please post "In" and what gun(s) you'd want to bring. If someone thinks their club would be amenable to this, please PM me. I shoot at a club in southern RI, which is pretty far from Mass or NH.

Last edited by a moderator:
A fellow NES'er and I have been discussing the idea of a 1970s or 1980s shoot. Basic concept is to shoot guns representative of the decade(s) while dressed in period clothing and or gear. Dress up like Frank Serpico and shoot your Browning Hi-Power. Break out that weird 70s camo pattern and an 870. Trim the moustache like Tom Selleck and carry a Colt Government Model in a SOB holster. The color brown. You get the picture.

View attachment 330803

Winner gets a case of Seagram's 7 or Smirnoff if we do a 70s match.

Thoughts?
So, we get to shoot ARs (NO lam a** red dots) and AK. Sounds like every other NES shoot, except for the dressing part.

I'm IN.

Who is donating the car?

I could go Hans Gruber upscale with a nice suit and an HK P7M13...

1581398680703.png

We need 80s Euro Steyr AUG too:
1581398821711.png

Or 80s Miami AUG?
1581398874721.png

Hey, gotta make good on those product placements!

I don't recall him ever having a shown-brand of unfiltered cigarettes. He was definitely cool. But "lemme take a drag before I shoot this bad guy" is a bit silly.

Here's a further funny: He was 35 when he did Miami Vice. He was just on that HBO comic book series and at 70 looks old. I STILL feel younger than Crockett. And I'm 51. ROFL!!! He somehow seems older than me.

Great minds think alike DJ...besides her, here who I would bring. If you guys like 80s guns and ads, check out my blog packed with segments from old Firepower Magazine articles:

Firepower%2BGirl.jpg

Great minds think alike DJ...besides her, here who I would bring. If you guys like 80s guns and ads, check out my blog packed with segments from old Firepower Magazine articles:

Firepower%2BGirl.jpg
I knew there was an Uzi girl avatar but I couldn’t remember the handle. You’ve been catfished by this thread Thirwell, lol!

Did the A-Team ever hit anything they were shooting at? I always found it hilarious that people would get blown up/fly out of crashed trucks, etc. and the camera would always show everyone brushing themselves off.To my recollection never an injury let alone a fatality.

Firepower%2BGirl.jpg

total bait and switch. All the other gun magazine advertisements are for... guns.

Did the A-Team ever hit anything they were shooting at? I always found it hilarious that people would get blown up/fly out of crashed trucks, etc. and the camera would always show everyone brushing themselves off.To my recollection never an injury let alone a fatality.

The BGs fell into a lot of dumpsters, as I recall.

A-Team Firing is like the bilateral version of Imperial Stormtrooper Marksmanship Academy. It's poor marksmanship on *both* sides of the battle. With A-Team Firing, nobody on either side hits anything. (Productivity warning for TVTropes links.)

Back
Top Bottom