• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NES 1911 group buy build **pic added**

so i was part of the NES 1911 group buy...after getting the frame, and slide, i ordered all my parts...i sent my slide back to caspian at the end of may to get some extra work done...all my other parts came in, some special order custom jobs, like the grips, and the barrel, and STILL no slide...so i finally called caspian, and told them to send me the rest of my order before the slide was finished...anyway, i finally get the rest of the small parts on friday, and over the weekend i put everything together, and have a fully functional 1911 frame...

it really isn't as bad as it sounds like it is...as long as you have a dremel, diamond tipped files, and some courage to file a brand new part...it's a piece of cake [grin]

i'll post some pictures tonight if anyone's interested in the progression of how this build is going...but as of right now, i'm just waiting for the slide to come in to finish everything up.

total hours spent so far, 6

any, and all criticism more than welcome! just keep in mind, this is my first 1911 build...

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1186_shrunk.JPG
    IMG_1186_shrunk.JPG
    105.3 KB · Views: 590
Last edited:
Your a braver man then me. I thought about doing the work myself, but I'm a sledge hammer and chisel kind of guy. I just know I'd wreck it and be cursing myself out because of it. Then again, I don't have the $2K sitting around for everything I'd LOVE to do to it. So, it's in my safe screaming "FINISH ME!" For now I just ignore it.

Soon my darling, sooon. [laugh]

Looks nice what are the details of the grips.

thanks, so the grips are custom makes from http://www.tommy2feathers.com they're made of giraffe leg bone, with the nes logo that someone, i forget who, and i appologize for that, made for the 1911 slide, and i just added N.E.S. 2009 in script lettering, like the one that was supposed to be on the slide, underneath that, the other side is the exact same thing...they were a very pretty penny, but worth it...i love the way it came out.

Wow! Really nice and I love those grips!

thanks! [smile]

so i FINALLY got my slide back from caspian, and got it all put together...now my only question is what color i should use to finish this thing...any input would be appreciated...

i'll get some pics up tonight of the piece...

Back
Top Bottom