• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Nephew tried to grab my gun!

I've had kids try to pull my M9 out of its holster. Kids made it clear they didn't give a shit, not much to be done about it besides swatting them away.

Just another day in a free state. [laugh]

NH, so free that you can't posses a plant that grows in the wild.

My kids, all under the age of 10 know I have guns (with the exception of the infant as she only knows how to crap her pants) and they also know that I carry. In fact, they know where I carry. Not a one has ever reached for it and they never go near my safe. I've showed them my guns before, it is kind of a, for lack of a better word, desensitization thing where it is not "oh, cool!" However, I cannot say that if my oldest saw a guy open carry he wouldn't point it out. It would be much quieter probably.

without a doubt, it will change.

NH is a cool place. But it's not a bastion of freedom by any stretch. it has MA smoked in 2A laws, but it also has a lot of dark BS going on that will jam people up for not hurting anyone.

Definitely no perfect - but a place where one can still fight and hope for a good outcome, as opposed to MA.

ah - the good ol' lesser of 2 evils. [rofl]

I have no intention of hijacking this thread, so this is my last post here.

You are laughing at your own reading comprehension issues and preconceived ideas.

I stated the simple fact that NH is a state where we still can influence the political decisions if we push hard enough (and there are plenty of recent examples where we did that), while in MA the political class safely ignores their constituents.

Since I have no interest in learning how my stating that fact led you to helplessly giggling over "lesser of two evils", I will file you in the troll category and move on.

Enjoy NES...

I have no intention of hijacking this thread, so this is my last post here.

You are laughing at your own reading comprehension issues and preconceived ideas.

I stated the simple fact that NH is a state where we still can influence the political decisions if we push hard enough (and there are plenty of recent examples where we did that), while in MA the political class safely ignores their constituents.

Since I have no interest in learning how my stating that fact led you to helplessly giggling over "lesser of two evils", I will file you in the troll category and move on.

Enjoy NES...

[rofl]

This. Take 'em all to the range, after a quick safety primer at home before even going.

I have offered many times but he always has an excuse. I don't think he really has any interest in guns/shooting. I think the only reason he got his ltc was so when I run into him at my in-laws he doesn't feel left out of the conversation with my father in law and I. His two kids got bb guns almost 2 years ago and he won't even shoot with them.

If my nephew ever does anything like this again, I'll take him aside and give him a lesson on the basics.

I was dropping my daughter off at preschool the other day, and one of her little friends was running by as I turned to leave, and banged her head on my SR9C, which is just at the right height. She apparently did it pretty hard, because she stopped in her tracks and was rubbing her head vigorously. She didn't cry, instead demanded to know what was there. I told her(and her dad, who was standing right there) that is was my phone and she said: "that's a really hard phone". It got better when my daughter said: "Daddy, your phone's on the other side, I know that was." [shocked]

Some quick thinking on my part, and I convinced them all that it was my leatherman without having to lift my shirt and prove it, and I had a talk with my daughter when I picked her up about what happened and that she shouldn't talk about daddy's handgun with anybody. She gets it a lot better than I ever thought she would, and said that not another word was mentioned about it at school. The icing on the cake was when the other little girls dad was loading her in the car when we were leaving, he had a very obvious bulge at 4 o'clock, so I'm guessing he had it pegged and didn't push the issue.

Back
Top Bottom