Neighbor is putting in an above ground pool.

mike01824

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
If you want a privacy wall then put one up but you sound like a lunatic by stating you want to block sun from their pool and that they're secretly measuring to build this super secret pool without your permission.
This. Sounds like a MYOFB fail.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
FYI--as far as the permit is concerned there is a piece of paper in his front window where a permit should be displayed. so I'll assume that is a permit and that I cannot be a douchenozzle...lol But I am stealing that term.

And based on most of the responses I will go with my original plan for arborvitae and not the Willow Hybrids. This will offer privacy but will not block the sun. In my defense which after reading some of your responses seems like I don't have a valid defense but if he wasn't too cheap to put up a fence this would be a non-issue. I still won't talk to him but I won't try to "screw" him as most of you suggested. I will try to take the higher road...lol

Loved to comments though. Very entertaining. And I appreciate all the feedback. Thank you.

DONALDG-HOG

NES Member
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
You are trying to figure out how to screw up his sunlight in 2 or 3 years. Are we sure that he is the one who is a dick?

So my neighbor is having an above ground pool built in his yard. He an I are not very friendly towards each other at all. In fact he is down right rude to me and my children. The wife is a witch but she will exchange pleasantries.

They were out there measuring about a week ago and they staked off where the pool will go. Seemed fairly far from the property line. Well the guys are there today and they are laying it out. It seems the deck of the pool will be fairly close to my property line.

My question is this.......

Is it legal for me to plant a hedge row that I know in 2 or 3 years will block out the afternoon sun over his deck and most of the pool? I was thinking these...

http://www.fast-growing-trees.com/WillowHybrid.htm

They get 20 to 30 feet wide and 35 to 45 feet in rows. If I space them further apart they can get up to 75 feet.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Gee, I can't figure out why your neighbor doesn't like you. Other than you seeing the guy putting in a pool and deciding to purposefully try to screw up his deck light and/or pool PH.

Every wonder if maybe you are the douche, not your neighbor?

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Gee, I can't figure out why your neighbor doesn't like you. Other than you seeing the guy putting in a pool and deciding to purposefully try to screw up his deck light and/or pool PH.

Yeah, it seems a bit much. So what if he has a pool? I suggest you just sit on your deck all day and stare at them while they are in the pool and make them feel uncomfortable.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
You are trying to figure out how to screw up his sunlight in 2 or 3 years. Are we sure that he is the one who is a dick?
it goes far beyond this. There is a tree on the property line. Literally the trunk is right up to the line so no way they could have crossed the line. Some guys were painting my house. They sat under the tree to shade themselves while having lunch. He yelled at them to get off his property and then he told me my contractors had no right to his property. They were not on his property just under branches hanging in my yard. Then I was away for a weekend and he cut the branches that hung in my yard providing shade.

I keep to myself. I bother nobody. But if they bother me I will respond in kind. I feel like I should be on that reality show "property line wars"...lol

Maybe I will just sit in my yard with a camera and take pictures of his wife's fat disgusting a$$ and post them on facebook...lol

Rating - 100%
9   0   0

No, I couldn't care less about the pool.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you sure the pool will make the scenery WORSE? It could be much improved depending on the clientele that visits.
lol...not with this family. I will just put up the arborvitae as originally planned.

NHAtHeart

NES Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
No, I couldn't care less about the pool.

- - - Updated - - -

lol...not with this family. I will just put up the arborvitae as originally planned.
Bummer, yeah plant the trees, how much are they I might need some for my property line. New neighbors just clear cut the lot next door right to our property line :-(

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Rating - 100%
99   0   0
When I bought my house the 1st thing I did was have it surveyed and staked. That way there was zero confusion with who owned what land.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
When I bought my house the 1st thing I did was have it surveyed and staked. That way there was zero confusion with who owned what land.
My land is surveyed and staked. His contractors still breach the line. They do not respect boundaries. My guys never crossed the line.

PaulR

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
So my neighbor is having an above ground pool built in his yard. He an I are not very friendly towards each other at all. In fact he is down right rude to me and my children. The wife is a witch but she will exchange pleasantries.
2nd page, and on a Friday. I'm really very disappointed in you guys. [rolleyes]
Pics of the neighbors wife? [smile]

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
it goes far beyond this. There is a tree on the property line. Literally the trunk is right up to the line so no way they could have crossed the line. Some guys were painting my house. They sat under the tree to shade themselves while having lunch. He yelled at them to get off his property and then he told me my contractors had no right to his property. They were not on his property just under branches hanging in my yard. Then I was away for a weekend and he cut the branches that hung in my yard providing shade.

I keep to myself. I bother nobody. But if they bother me I will respond in kind. I feel like I should be on that reality show "property line wars"...lol

Maybe I will just sit in my yard with a camera and take pictures of his wife's fat disgusting a$$ and post them on facebook...lol
Excellent, you are taking my previous suggestion. She is fat though? Oh well. Staring and photos will still creep them out.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Excellent, you are taking my previous suggestion. She is fat though? Oh well. Staring and photos will still creep them out.
Yeah...not just fat cause some heavy chics are really cute. but this one is not. Kind of tough to look at. You know...bad face, crappy teeth and all. But after a few beers I'll look at almost anything.

GomerPile

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
EVERY town has setback regulations for buildings and other structures (not fences obviously). Some places its 5ft, others like me its 40 (in the boonies). Construction of a pool requires a permit for the pool, deck, electrical, and gas.

While I despise building regulations, in dense areas they do serve a purpose. Make sure your neighbor is getting them because it might affect you in some way. Imagine unpermitted pool installed over your sewer line...who pays to empty the pool and fix your line? Not something you want to argue in court about when your toilet won't drain.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
EVERY town has setback regulations for buildings and other structures (not fences obviously). Some places its 5ft, others like me its 40 (in the boonies). Construction of a pool requires a permit for the pool, deck, electrical, and gas.

While I despise building regulations, in dense areas they do serve a purpose. Make sure your neighbor is getting them because it might affect you in some way. Imagine unpermitted pool installed over your sewer line...who pays to empty the pool and fix your line? Not something you want to argue in court about when your toilet won't drain.
Yeah, we have set back requirements. We also have them for fences but up to 6 feet you can be on the line above 6 feet you neet a permit and then there are setback requirements. None of my services run through his yard. We're only talking half acre lots here. Nothing big...

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I was just looking and going to write it if I didn't find it.

I'll ask for the daughter if she's old enough. [smile]
no neighbor's wife pics. The mods will kick me off for posting something offensive...lmao...

No...lol the daughters are so not old enough. Still just kids....

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I'm not going to take the gloves of for him. He is not worth my LTC.
Wow. Is that how you took that statement? You really are Sicilian.

I love bad neighbor threads but this has been a real disappointment.

My neighbor tried to woo me for over a year but he is highly opinionated and a regular drinker so I never really warmed up to him. One day he shows up after having a really bad day elsewhere and unloaded on me. I got to hear about every perceived slight he could drum up. I could not help but start laughing. We didn't speak for close to a year. Recently he reached out and I accepted. As ridiculous as he can be it is far better than the stares and glares that came from the alternative...

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Wow. Is that how you took that statement? You really are Sicilian.

I love bad neighbor threads but this has been a real disappointment.

My neighbor tried to woo me for over a year but he is highly opinionated and a regular drinker so I never really warmed up to him. One day he shows up after having a really bad day elsewhere and unloaded on me. I got to hear about every perceived slight he could drum up. I could not help but start laughing. We didn't speak for close to a year. Recently he reached out and I accepted. As ridiculous as he can be it is far better than the stares and glares that came from the alternative...

I did. I did take the statement like that. I'm horrible. [frown] lol

DONALDG-HOG

NES Member
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Me likey fat chicks. I can deal with a fat chick as long as she has a pretty face. Or an ugly chick with a nice body for that matter.
Fat girls usually work harder. IMO

... become his fat wife's BFF........

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Me likey fat chicks. I can deal with a fat chick as long as she has a pretty face. Or an ugly chick with a nice body for that matter.
Fat girls usually work harder. IMO

... become his fat wife's BFF........
Ok. fine for you I will get some pics when she is in the pool...lmao!!!! But I'll PM them to you. I'm not getting kicked off here for her..lol She is one offensive woman in every aspect...

Top Bottom