• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Negligent entrustment legal claim to be used against mfgr of mag used in Dayton shooting

DispositionMatrix

NES Member
Families of Dayton mass shooting victims discuss lawsuit against magazine manufacturer
Family members of some of the Dayton mass shooting victims are discussing a wrongful death lawsuit against the manufacturer of the 100-round magazine used in the attack.

In a news release, Columbus-based law firm Cooper Elliott said the lawsuit will be filed against Kyung Chang Industry USA Inc. and its related South Korean company. Claims against the company include negligence, negligent entrustment and public nuisance.
“The risks to public safety of making and selling these to civilians outweigh any benefits. They are also not aware of any meaningful protocols, checks, or oversight KCI has in place to make sure its product isn’t used in a mass shooting. Therefore, it was foreseeable that, without sufficient safeguards, providing 100-round magazines to the general public would likely result in them being used in a mass shooting.”

What's next ???
Is someone going to sue Ginsu for all the people stabbed with their knives ???
It's obvious they mass marketed their dangerous products to the entire nation through their TV ads for years, without regard for the mental status of the buyers.

I really wish every one of these would end up like the family in Colorado sued (Actually every town for gun safety sued)
And after they lost their frivolous suit every town for gun safety left the family holding the bag having to pay the defendants legal costs. To me that’s justice.

Great. We will settle for $1 and have a check-box on the packaging that says, "I promise not to use this for mass shootings."

Are they serious???? People suck. They truly do. "I'm wronged. But that person over there that isn't really related has $ - let's sue them." Ugh.

Back
Top Bottom