• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Needed: good Stock repair person

Hi
my GEW 88 has developed a good size crack in the wrist.
looking for a top notch repair person preferably on or near the
south shore

Bumping this up. I also need a repair; I don't want to do it myself.

Any recommendations?

Closest I can tell you is rustblue gunsmith in natick. I have seen some of Cole gunsmith out of ME work on some pretty busted up shotgun stocks.

After speaking with some of the contacts Mac provided (thanks man) and figuring in the cost vs the
100.00 I have invested in the rifle, I've decided to fix it myself. Checked out some of candymans threads on surplus rifle (thanks another_david) and ordered up some agraglas from brownells. Pictures to follow, wish me luck!

After speaking with some of the contacts Mac provided (thanks man) and figuring in the cost vs the
100.00 I have invested in the rifle, I've decided to fix it myself. Checked out some of candymans threads on surplus rifle (thanks another_david) and ordered up some agraglas from brownells. Pictures to follow, wish me luck!

nice. candyman on the surplus rifles forum is a wealth of knowledge. highlighting his suggestions and what I did, definitely cover the stock with tape and paper as not to drip the epoxy on it. also, rather than clamping the crack shut, wrap it with waxed rope, a.ka. hog tie it.

my stock repair. don't be afraid to drill and dremel some wood away! I did two layers of epoxy, which the second was just to smooth out the top. the second layer I didn't have enough dye to match but that end goes against the frame, so it didn't matter.

t5nEj6p.jpg

OUrlgPK.jpg

q9Z28Pp.jpg

1PJTkbD.jpg

GcqyKti.jpg

rDI0Rir.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom