• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Needed a new fun project...

Sweeney

NES Member
I had thought about getting a 9mm conversion for the Tavor to have a pistol caliber carbine. After a while I thought I'd prefer something a little more 'old school', something iconic. I bought a demilled MP5 pistol kit with a flat and other new bits which arrived Wednesday. Not being able to keep my grubby mitts off of it I proceeded to liberate the barrel trunnion, triple frame and cocking tube. Yesterday I whipped up a bending jig and also popped out the barrel pin and barrel stub.

After a mt bike ride this morning I bent the flat and welded it up then started dry fitting.

As it stands now...

Nothing is welded into the receiver yet and the A3 stock goes to my HK91. I have a US made stock on order as one of the 922 parts.

Just having some fun and knocking some rust off of the weldor.

It's all welded up an aligned now, has a rear sight and magazine catch. I still need to add the paddle release and case deflector. The sling clip will be riveted on after I parkerize then paint. I'll function test it before any of that in case I need to make adjustments.

I decided to skip the parkerizing and just gave it a coat of Alumahyde II for its 'sea trials'. If it behaves I may go the Cerakote route... or just see how it ages.

As she now looks;

Nice work!

Thanks, Ray. I muffed up the paint a bit as it was still soft when I proceeded to work on it. Ah well, nothing a good beed blasting can't take care of if it bothers me too much. I'll find out tomorrow if goes bang or kaboom. [smile]

Thanks, guys! I just got back from the trial run putting 200rds through it without a hitch... just a bit of sight adjustment along the way. All seems good. I'll tear it down and give everything the once over but I think it's good to go.

i hate the expression but here goes....sweet!!

good job on that, i'm jealous i have no skills for such projects.

Back
Top Bottom