Need Your Help

Friends,

As you know, I am running for Massachusetts State Auditor. You may even recall that I am in a Republican primary election. Well, that is why I need your help.

I am a fellow gun owner, and defender of the 2nd Amendment and the entire Constitution. Ask anyone who knows me: I don't leave home without my trusty pocket Constitution, and I've given out 5,000 of them at my own expense. It is a fundamental part of who I am.

GOAL has given me a 100% rating as a candidate. I'm a life member of GOAL and an Endowment member of the NRA. I learned to shoot as a cub scout and have been a gun owner since I turned 18. This is a core value of mine.

I am in a primary election against an establishment opponent being backed by the who's-who of the state Republican party, an opponent who has served on state Boards multiple times and is no outsider to Beacon Hill. An opponent who doesn't want the voters to know that the State Auditor does not do financial auditing or accounting.

I need you ALL to vote for me on September 14th in the Republican primary and ask everyone you know to do the same. I need your help to make sure we have a true outsider acting as your agent on the inside.

Of all the candidates for Auditor, I am the only one who pledges to:
  • Self-limit to 2 terms
  • Give myself a 10% pay cut on Day 1
  • Refuse a Public Pension
  • Put Every Dollar and Every Dime of state spending online available at no cost to the people

Two days ago, word came out that the outgoing lame-duck Auditor, Joe DeNucci, gave his entire department a 5% pay raise, retroactive to July 1st!

I was the only candidate for Auditor who pledged to rescind this blanket pay raise on my first day in office -- the same day I give myself a 10% pay cut as Auditor.

All three Democratic candidates and my Republican primary opponent refused to make this simple and reasonable pledge to undo the political hackery in the Auditor's office. Where do their loyalties lie? Who do they think of first?

The hard-working people of Massachusetts are my first priority.

I am also the only candidate for Auditor who has never served in government before. I am the only outsider in this race, one who has been fighting for the taxpayers for 14 years and puts the interest of the people of Massachusetts before that of the government or special interests.

I am the only candidate for Auditor who believes the people of Massachusetts have the right to audit their government and their Auditor. If you have the skills to balance a checkbook or unit price shop at the market, you have the skills to identify government waste and overspending.

I am the only candidate for Auditor who supports Question 3 to roll-back the state sales tax to 3% come January 1, 2011, and am a co-sponsor of it.

Anyone who tells you that finding government waste is complicated and requires special skills...wants it to be complicated.

I ask for your vote on September 14th in the Republican state primary.

Thank you,

Kamal Jain
Republican Candidate for Massachusetts State Auditor
http://MassTransparency.com

Last edited:
I heard Mary C (don't feel like looking up the correct spelling of "Con-a-ton") on WRKO the other morning and wasn't impressed.

Even less impressed by Tim Murray's defense of the pay raise. He said that they hadn't gotten raises in the past 4 years, so it ended up being a 1% raise.

Tell that to the private sector.

P.S. I bolded 1% in the hopes that Greg and Wolf223 would start the initiation process to join the 1%'ers

Kamal,
It's quite impressive to read the stances that you take.

I'm so sick of current pols...
Since when did "serving one's country" turn into the best gig in town?

Folks, I got a chance to talk to Kamal when we shared a table at the GOAL banquet. He's got my vote... he should have yours, too.

Thank you all very much!

Imagine a 100% BOLDLY pro-gun, pro-2A statewide constitutional officeholder...in Massachusetts! Would you like that?

Not everyone will vote in the primary (and there are likely those who would or could not vote in the Republican primary), so please spread the word to your family, friends, neighbors and anyone else who will listen. This is not about Republican versus Democrat, this is about GOOD GOVERNMENT that is accountable to the people, and giving the people a way to audit their government.

If you would like a yard sign or bumper sticker, please email [email protected] or [email protected], respectively. (OK, it's true that the same people see both those, so either will work for both!) We are also looking for people to stand out at polling locations around the state.

Please mark September 14, 2010 in your calendar.

From the bottom of my heart -- THANK YOU!

Kamal
--
Kamal Jain
Republican Candidate for Massachusetts State Auditor
http://MassTransparency.com

TOTAL TRANSPARENCY: Every Dollar. Every Dime. Online.

Based on what you wrote, you have my vote. In this state, such a platform makes supporting the candidate that promises it a no-brainer for anyone who cares about public accountability of government and basic freedoms.

Sadly/fortunately, I'll be a resident of Washington state in November. On the downside, I can't vote for you in the general election. On the plus side, I'll be able to vote against Patty Murray for U.S. Senate:)

Good luck!

Thank you! We just got 500 signs in last night and already sent out 100 today.

I urge you to all not just mark your calendars, but also to ask everyone you know who can vote in the primary to do so. It will take a concerted effort to make sure the pro-Liberty movement wins in the election. There are those of us who think Constitution first, and then there are...others.

Kamal

ps. For those of you who might be in the Worcester area, check out our new billboard atop the Osgood-Bradley Building, facing West on Route 290! We just took office space in that building, too.

Back
Top Bottom