• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Need your advice

Sell Polytech or Arsenal

• sell Polytech

• Sell Arsenal

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ryan188

NES Member
Ok guys, need some help...going to be selling 1 of my 2 favorite ak47s and need some help choosing what one...will not be easy for me!

The first is a never fired absolutely mint polytechnologies spiker...

The other is my new in the box with all accessories Arsenal sam7r...

What would you sell between the 2 and why?

To all you that are going to respond with ..keep them both, I would but I need cash for another deal I can't pass up!

Screenshot_20200610-174644_Messages.jpg

Last edited:
Polytech will be easier but more expensive to get back. Arsenal is my vote though cause they're alot more common and easier to replace anywhere else but mass lol

If you’re not in a free state or planning to move to a free state, I think you will regret selling either of them.

I used to have a closet full of SKS’s and pre-ban AK’s back in the day. $99.00 for the SKS and 400.00 for the preban AK’s, sold them all when my second son was born because we needed money. What an idiot I was. You know how much they cost now.

With every new active shooter BS that happens, the cost goes up and the rarity increases.

Which one has features you prefer?

Is "milled" more important than "preban?" To me, that's what it comes down to.

Either way... why aren't you shooting them????

If you’re not in a free state or planning to move to a free state, I think you will regret selling either of them.

Yea i know I'm already gonna regret it...
Which one has features you prefer?

Is "milled" more important than "preban?" To me, that's what it comes down to.

Either way... why aren't you shooting them????
I love the milled ak...just feels un real ...but I love the poly tech too because its a preban spikah!! Maybe I'll just sell a kidney...

Haven't shot them because I currently do not have a membership anywhere...and if I did...i would shoot the arsenal over the spiker...could never bring myself to shoot the poly

I love the milled ak...just feels un real ...but I love the poly tech too because its a preban spikah!! Maybe I'll just sell a kidney...

I think I'd sell the polytech. IF you haven't got another milled AK.

And shoot the suckers, fer goodness' sake! They like being fired.

I don’t mean this to sound disrespectful, but how old are you? As you get older you realize certain rare items are def worth keeping, and other things that you ‘want’ but just can’t afford at the time, are worth saving up for.

Is your new toy a one time right now offer or something that will still be available in a few months?

Also what @Picton said, shoot them, fast and furiously, that’s what they were made for and they need to be fed. Christ that’s like buying a corvette and never even driving it once.

I don’t mean this to sound disrespectful, but how old are you? As you get older you realize certain rare items are def worth keeping, and other things that you ‘want’ but just can’t afford at the time, are worth saving up for.

Is your new toy a one time right now offer or something that will still be available in a few months?

33 years old...its a one time offer..waiting to get back to the guy...i mean..i guess I don't need it...but I'm so indecisive...I've had many other polytechs that I've sold on here..and everyone of them I told myself I would never sell it....i can never just settle and keep what I have..always buying and selling..too ADD

Having seen the pics, I'd keep the spiker. But I'm old-fashioned, and I'm not you.

Agreed. Modern AKs are common enough, well, outside Mass, these days. Zastava's came out with a (stamped) 1.5mm ZPAP. That'd be a good replacement if needed. Or, snag another Arsenal.

Or leave Mass. Yes, the answer here is to move out of Mass [rofl]

What are you hoping to get in exchange? What has got you in such a fervor to sell one of those beautiful pieces of engineering majesty?

ETA; Wait! Don’t tell me it’s a new Glock.
lol Kidding lol 😜

It must be one hell of a deal to sell a Polytech for it...very few things that would make me do such a thing.

What are you hoping to get in exchange? What has got you in such a fervor to sell one of those beautiful pieces of engineering majesty?

ETA; Wait! Don’t tell me it’s a new Glock.
lol Kidding lol 😜

It's a preban ruger mini 14...but the guy has it dressed up really nice!...has a really nice primary arms red dot on it and a collapsible stock..always wanted one of them

I’ll give you a 1K loan for a 3 month term and hold onto the Polytech for you as collateral until it’s paid back.

Haven't shot them because I currently do not have a membership anywhere...and if I did...i would shoot the arsenal over the spiker...could never bring myself to shoot the poly
so I assume you bought the polytech well after the ban?
Pre 1994 any sks or ak was juzt cheap chinese plinking fun. Mid 80s -94 you could find deals with free cases of surplus x39 corrosive because the russian s flooded us with the x39 non corrosive hunting ammo for tbe same and often less than surplus corrosive.

Sell them both if you're not going to shoot them!

Buy a lifetime supply of tampons with the proceeds!

j/k (sort of)...but let me know if you end up selling the Chink...I've been looking for one out here in America since I arrived last November.

so I assume you bought the polytech well after the ban?

boy, Mac...you're good! If he's 33, the absolute oldest he could have been before the ban is the salty age of 7.

OP...if you've owned that Poly since you were 7, it's been in your possession longer than every hair on your nuts and you simply can't part with one without parting with the other(s). Your call.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom