• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Need to borrow a front sight tool for Glock

Mil-Dot

Instructor
NES Member
Hi All,
I was wondering if anyone out there had a front sight tool I could borrow for a Glock (fits hex head screw). I need to remove the factory sight and install my new Warren Tactical sight. If anyone in the Leominster area has one that world be great. Please PM me if you can help.
Thanks, Mil-Dot

sight tool

Go to Sears and pick up a 3/16" nut driver for $6.00 then just grind away the outside of the nut driver so it's flush with the shank on a belt sander or grinding wheel. pm me with your e-mail and I can send you a pic if you'd like.

Go to Sears and pick up a 3/16" nut driver for $6.00 then just grind away the outside of the nut driver so it's flush with the shank on a belt sander or grinding wheel. pm me with your e-mail and I can send you a pic if you'd like.

Great idea and I will email you for pics. I actually have a front sight tool but I can't find it. I was hoping I didn't have to order a new one because of the wait time. Nearly every gun tool I have is packed away because of our clean-up from the most recent flood. Your idea sounds like it would be a better tool anyway. One problem, I don't have a grinder.

sight tool

Good news, my neighbor has a grinder and I found an old 3/16" nut driver in the basement. Thanks for the idea!

Glad to hear I could help. I actually cleaned mine up on a lathe but then did a couple for friends on my belt sander at home. You may need to touch up the end to do away with the radius to get a better grip on the thin screw.

Back
Top Bottom