• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Need to be Fingerprinted by Law Enforcement Agencr

Like Stated Boston PD HQ. I had my prints done there for my Florida permit.

This is bullshit.

There are numerous reasons subjects need fingerprinting by a PD that are totally unrelated to guns. For example, certain professional licenses - my wife needed to submit a set of prints for her nursing license application.

Is the PD not printing anyone for anything, or just refusing to print for things related to firearms?

When I was printed for an out of state application, the PD in the town I lived in at the time used the electronic scanner, then printed the scanned prints onto the card I brought. They also had plain white card stock and had a software option to print all the boxes, labels, etc. on the card.

The weird part is my CCW here in FL had fingerprints done by normal people at the department of agriculture, not the police.

My wifes RN license, which is apparently one of the few licenses FL wont 100% f*** you over with when you transfer into state only required her to go to a private finger print place. Sure, it cost a lot of money but it didnt involve the police.

FL weird.

For FL-NR? Yes, it does. From the image in post #23. I would expect your friendly, local UPS store to Nope right out when they see this:

View attachment 614761
Missed that on post 23. Image was kind of small, and I just though they were showing a standard card.

UPS scan kiosks are operated by a third party and can be used for FBI fingerprinting, so you'd think that would be good to go. But each state has their own set of regs, and I'd personally just follow the instructions you mentioned.

Missed that on post 23. Image was kind of small, and I just though they were showing a standard card.

UPS scan kiosks are operated by a third party and can be used for FBI fingerprinting, so you'd think that would be good to go. But each state has their own set of regs, and I'd personally just follow the instructions you mentioned.
Yeah, you had to click on the thumbnail to see it in full. This is one of those situations that seems to have nothing to do with sense, and everything to do with "because we said so."

Applying for my Florida Non Resident LTC,and need to be Fingerprinted by an actual Law Enforcement Agency as part of the proces.My local PD does not do it.Anyone aware of any Boston area PD that actually does this?
Thanks in advance
When we were Foster parents, there was a forner bank in Boston with the most amazing safe I have ever seen that did our prints. Maybe call dcf and they can tell you.

Heading back to Florida end of the month hopefully can get fingerprinted there, the woman in Sumter county licensing office did say I would need a copy of NRA safety course certificate ( now to find it ). One man in the office said should be able to get resident ltc because we own a home there hopefully he‘s correct.

I was just in Florida for a planned vacation, my license had expired in February and they give you a six month grace period to renew without having to take the course again, made an appointment at a regional office because I didn't want to have any issues with the process but I guess you can also go to some local tax collector offices you just have to check the location of where they are. Mine was a renewal and nothing needed, went in with the completed renewal form was in and out in about 20 minutes and had my license mailed to my house in 8 days.

I just renewed my Fla. ltc. Also went to SP crime lab in lakeville. Very pro 2A trooper helped me out. Was a great experience all around. And as a side note, on the Fla. renewel app it also states, no electronic prints allowed. Inkpad only.........

The electronic print machines are capable of printing on a user-supplied card.
Yup, I had to be printed up here in NH in order to participate in the citizen's police academy. They rolled electronic prints and then printed out a copy and gave it to me in case I ever need to provide a print card in the future.

-W3o3k.gif

They have B&W security footage of Len in NH.

Back
Top Bottom