Need to be Fingerprinted by Law Enforcement Agencr

Applying for my Florida Non Resident LTC,and need to be Fingerprinted by an actual Law Enforcement Agency as part of the proces.My local PD does not do it.Anyone aware of any Boston area PD that actually does this?
Thanks in advance

Not sure if this is an option for you. I went for my MA non resident LTC last week, I was finger SCANNED by the FRB in Chelsea. No more ink, now it's electronic scanning

I had no luck getting printed last year for my renewal. Called several PD's, but with WuFlu, no dice. Instead renewed in Florida in March.

Pro Tip: If you go to FL, I found a county tax collector much easier to deal with then trying to use the state run locations. I was in and out in 10-15 minutes, no appointment required. CWP landed in my mailbox maybe 10 days later, if that.

Had mine recently taken for the same purpose, local PD wouldn't do it and only offered electronic as an alternative....Solution was to go to the State Police crime lab in Lakeville where the statie on duty took the prints on the card FL provided in the renewal packet. I did have to call and make an appointment. In addition to Lakeville it looks like Maynard and Sudbury have similar facilities...

you use to be able to have it done at the state police barracks in concord iirc, across the street from the prison. it's been a while since i've been in the area so dunno if it's still there. i think it was a house like structure. call first is my recommendation.

hey, maybe you'll post more when you get to florida, huh?

Had to have this done for a work requirement recently. It may be a bit out of your way, but the Athol Police Department did mine.

Applying for my Florida Non Resident LTC,and need to be Fingerprinted by an actual Law Enforcement Agency as part of the proces.My local PD does not do it.Anyone aware of any Boston area PD that actually does this?
Thanks in advance
Last time I renewed, Medford did it for me. Maybe give them a call?

Can you get a pad and do it yourself? Does it have to have an official stamp or something?
Officially, it must be completed by a law enforcement agency. IIRC, there's a space on the card to be signed by the officer where they're expected to list agency info.

Yes, the authorized LEO person doing it has to sign the card and put the station address on it. I had it done at my local PD in Pepperell. They were super helpful, even making a couple extra on a regular FBI card in case I wanted to apply elsewhere. I actually used that to apply to Utah so it worked out nicely.

BPD Headquarters on Tremont street in the South End (of Boston) has processed plenty of Form 4 prints for me. No apt. Walk up/$10 cash and out the door in 10 mins. Most recently 10 months ago.

This is bullshit.

There are numerous reasons subjects need fingerprinting by a PD that are totally unrelated to guns. For example, certain professional licenses - my wife needed to submit a set of prints for her nursing license application.

Is the PD not printing anyone for anything, or just refusing to print for things related to firearms?

When I was printed for an out of state application, the PD in the town I lived in at the time used the electronic scanner, then printed the scanned prints onto the card I brought. They also had plain white card stock and had a software option to print all the boxes, labels, etc. on the card.

Boston PD will do it for $10 cash at HQ. Call first because sometimes they'll do walk ins and other times they want an appointment (depends how busy they are). They do an electronic scan.

This is bullshit.

There are numerous reasons subjects need fingerprinting by a PD that are totally unrelated to guns. For example, certain professional licenses - my wife needed to submit a set of prints for her nursing license application.

Is the PD not printing anyone for anything, or just refusing to print for things related to firearms?

When I was printed for an out of state application, the PD in the town I lived in at the time used the electronic scanner, then printed the scanned prints onto the card I brought. They also had plain white card stock and had a software option to print all the boxes, labels, etc. on the card.

Last time my local PD would print you for everything EXCEPT a non-resident pistol permit. I agree. It’s bull crap

Bob

This is bullshit.

This is bullshit.

PD not printing for anyone.I’ll make some calls Monday,not the end of the world.I might just do it in person when I get down there in October which seems less complicated .Non Residents doing it online through mail can only use the pictured form with ink prints.

Attachments

• CA013CB3-65F3-43E7-9652-A055BE747BA3.jpeg
    CA013CB3-65F3-43E7-9652-A055BE747BA3.jpeg
    408.2 KB · Views: 4
Thanks in advance
Have you considered committing a minor infraction?

Framingham could do ink prints as of five years ago. No idea of they would do them for non resident.

Had mine recently taken for the same purpose, local PD wouldn't do it and only offered electronic as an alternative....Solution was to go to the State Police crime lab in Lakeville where the statie on duty took the prints on the card FL provided in the renewal packet. I did have to call and make an appointment. In addition to Lakeville it looks like Maynard and Sudbury have similar facilities...

That's good to know. Go get some grumpy fishing tackle, a good Thai take-out lunch and my fingerprints.

you use to be able to have it done at the state police barracks in concord iirc, across the street from the prison. it's been a while since i've been in the area so dunno if it's still there. i think it was a house like structure. call first is my recommendation.

hey, maybe you'll post more when you get to florida, huh?
A3 in Concord is most certainly still there. I don't know if they will roll prints on a walk-in basis.

The electronic print machines are capable of printing on a user-supplied card.

Back
Top Bottom