• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Need suggestions on steel filler

ReluctantDecoy

NES Member
I'm in the process of refinishing an MP5 clone. The finished flat has some nicks and imperfections. Some would call it character, but if I'm going all the way down to the steel and starting over again, I figured I'd smooth things out and fill in any imperfections to make as perfect of an exterior as possible. I'm sure I'll eventually add my own dings anyway.

Question is, what do you think would be the best filler if the ultimate goal is to finish with Cerakote? I guess the more appropriate question is--what filler will allow for best adhesion for Cerakote? I don't want to create a weak spot for the finish. We're talking tiny little nicks/gouges that I would like to fill and smooth out.

Epoxy? Bondo? Solder?

I'd just try various filler stuff on a small scrap piece. Cerakote it, see what gives the best result.

Please post up your results. I have some builds that will likely need some cosmetic work too.

Back
Top Bottom