• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Need suggestions on holster for my new Sig p320 x compact

I'm a bigger guy, so have never had luck with IWB holsters because of the size pants I wear snd gut.

So I'm looking for a OWB holster, with maybe suade inside so eventually I don't scratch up my FDE finish on it.

I know eventually wear and tear will happen, but want to minimize how quickly that happens.

Can anyone recommend a good product for me?

Anything Mitch Rosen, Manchester, NH, has is top notch. Not cheap, but you get what you pay for. Also something to think about, if you want to install a Romeo red dot you will need a holster for those sights.

Something with good retention...sorry, nothing helpful to add

sig-p320-meme-e1505944705471.png

If you get grit in suede, it's impossible to get out. So it'll continue to scratch your gun over and over and over again.

I'm a bigger guy, so have never had luck with IWB holsters because of the size pants I wear snd gut.
you didn't say if you would prefer an iwb holster. i'm gonna say this cause i'm a bigger than most person and never could wear an iwb comfortably until....i stopped denying to myself i was big and started wearing the correct size pants and belt. and then found i could with comfort. not being mean, just a fact of a big persons life. :) and i went with kydex so the belt didn't crush the holster closed making re-holstering the gun much easier. just sayin'.

I only use Milt Sparks VMII holsters at this point, IWB and very comfortable. Formed such that you aren't going to crush the holster closed. Not cheap and you'll wait a few months for it but well worth it. I've tried enough holsters that I have boxes of them . . . ones I'll never wear again.

I have a Vedder LightTuck LightTuck™ Kydex IWB which has a 30 day risk free trial. I have two of these and really find them great. I don't have this holster for the P320C even though I have one because I prefer to carry something smaller. If you sign up for their mailing list they are having a 10% off sale starting tomorrow for Veteran's Day.

For an OWB holster I have a StealthGear OWB Flex https://stealthgearusa.com/flex-owb-ventcore-holster.html which has great ventilation and is very comfortable. They have a 30 day return policy but they hit you for a 25% restocking fee.

Try Garrett Industries, they are kydex holsters with leather bonded to the inside where it touches the gun.

Also Safariland makes OWB kydex holsters with felt lining, I have a couple of their paddle holsters with the thumb release retention. Not really good for concealment, I use them for classes.

I carry a p320 compact in a NSR tactical iwb kydek with two soft belt loops for appendix carry daily. Huge fan. By far it’s the most comfortable and easiest to conceal. They also make custom holsters if you want to add a light or have something that’s not run of the mill. Last custom holster I ordered from them took 3 weeks.

I went with this.

Reviews said didn't scratch gun finish...

What do you guys think?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181109-154036.jpg
    Screenshot_20181109-154036.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 37
It's a carry gun not a museum piece, it's going to get scratched a little.

Beat my new P320 Compact RX (with the red dot) quite a bit racking it one handed on any available object while simulating a shot arm with TQ applied to a shot arm. It’s a tool. Keep it lubed and ignore the scratches. Or pimp it out and show it off! Each to his own.

Kydex does not scratch finishes that bad and is vastly superior to leather in just about every way.

I like the quiet holster and unholstering of the Garrett and since it's kydex on the outside, it has all the retention capabilities. Only downside is they cost more.

Sorry I can’t add anything ,but ,Thanks for all Sources Guys. I have been thinking about a 320 W/A RMR. I currently have a 938 With a red dot on the trigger guard and am always looking for a better solution . My back is waisted and I can’t wear IWB , so that limits my choices.

I have owned my Sig P320 XCompact for about 6 months now. I started using it as my EDC at once. I have used Crossbreed IWB Holsters (Super-Tuck or Mini-Tuck) for 7 or 8 years now. they holstered my Sig 238, then my Khar P9. This pistol is the best EDC I had, meets all the requirements. I used it with a Crossbreed Super-Tuck IWB holster in my usual 4:00 position. Great, comfortable and accessible. Then I ordered the ROMEO1Pro. After waiting the 4.5 months it was on back order I got it and mounted it. My holster troubles began. I bought the Crossbreed cut away version of the holster I already owned and used. Figured, No Biggie, same holster just accommodates the sight. Wrong. If you prefer carrying IWB, there is a problem with the fact that the best position for the pistol places it fairly deep into the pants past the belt. Unfortunately, the red dot protrudes about 3/16" out from the slide. This means that it will catch on your belt before the pistol can be properly seated in the holster. First thought was to use a belt clip combination that would raise the pistol's position above the belt. I did and created a belt clip combo that raised it up to at least 1/8 to 3/16 above the belt. Problem solved, right? Wrong. This set up raises the overall pistol position so high that the grip is both uncomfortable and obvious. I have had multiple email exchanges with Crossbreed. They have been wonderful. Offered full refund even though I bought it nearly 6 months ago when I ordered the ROMEO1Pro Red Dot. Unfortunately, their solution is no different than I already tried. Raising the pistol. For me if it leads to an uncomfortable carry, it's a no-go. One should be able to generally forget that they are carrying if you have a rig that is set up right. That can't happen if it is either poking you in the ribs every time you sit down or patterning itself under your T-shirt. I am sitting here writing this while the Epoxy cures on a hard rubber spacer I have glued to the outside of the Kydex. I believe it will allow me to set the depth as usual, yet hold the belt away from the edge of the Kydex just enough to allow the optic to clear the belt and allow the pistol to seat. We shall see.

I have owned my Sig P320 XCompact for about 6 months now. I started using it as my EDC at once. I have used Crossbreed IWB Holsters (Super-Tuck or Mini-Tuck) for 7 or 8 years now. they holstered my Sig 238, then my Khar P9. This pistol is the best EDC I had, meets all the requirements. I used it with a Crossbreed Super-Tuck IWB holster in my usual 4:00 position. Great, comfortable and accessible. Then I ordered the ROMEO1Pro. After waiting the 4.5 months it was on back order I got it and mounted it. My holster troubles began. I bought the Crossbreed cut away version of the holster I already owned and used. Figured, No Biggie, same holster just accommodates the sight. Wrong. If you prefer carrying IWB, there is a problem with the fact that the best position for the pistol places it fairly deep into the pants past the belt. Unfortunately, the red dot protrudes about 3/16" out from the slide. This means that it will catch on your belt before the pistol can be properly seated in the holster. First thought was to use a belt clip combination that would raise the pistol's position above the belt. I did and created a belt clip combo that raised it up to at least 1/8 to 3/16 above the belt. Problem solved, right? Wrong. This set up raises the overall pistol position so high that the grip is both uncomfortable and obvious. I have had multiple email exchanges with Crossbreed. They have been wonderful. Offered full refund even though I bought it nearly 6 months ago when I ordered the ROMEO1Pro Red Dot. Unfortunately, their solution is no different than I already tried. Raising the pistol. For me if it leads to an uncomfortable carry, it's a no-go. One should be able to generally forget that they are carrying if you have a rig that is set up right. That can't happen if it is either poking you in the ribs every time you sit down or patterning itself under your T-shirt. I am sitting here writing this while the Epoxy cures on a hard rubber spacer I have glued to the outside of the Kydex. I believe it will allow me to set the depth as usual, yet hold the belt away from the edge of the Kydex just enough to allow the optic to clear the belt and allow the pistol to seat. We shall see.

Back
Top Bottom