• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Need some work done to a collector's rifle.

My 1943 M1 Carbine needs the front sight post pulled and the type 3 barrel band replaced and I'm pretty paranoid about someone (including myself) mucking it up and scratching the shit out of the park coating. Does anyone have input who might be the best choice? I've heard good things about Gartman, but I was curious if there were any other experienced options out there who have the same/more experience.

We dont care who you get to fix this rifle for you, but please dont hit it with a hammer and a punch! These are awesome little carbines, and the front sights come off with a special puller tool and some heat.
when I rebarreled mine, that's what I did, but as Im not a business I suppose I can recommend ideas like that, you not so much.

either take it to Tim at G&N or Noah's as people here have recommended since you're not fully comfortable with doing it yourself. good luck cheers

Back
Top Bottom