• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Need some Vermont vacation help

Any of you guys ever been to Windmill hill? Just want to know if it is a "gun friendly" zone. My girlfriend wants to go to the pinnacle cabin. Says its a hike of a few miles on a trail. Just wanted to know if I could bring a bear gun with me in case of.....you guessed it bears. From what I read Vermont as of right now still allows carry for residents and non residents without a permit. Any info would be great.

Long as it's not a state owned building, you're good. No carry permit needed (Vermont has NEVER required them and never issued any.)

Your chances of seeing a bear will be better if you hide some black sunflower seed in your girlfriend's pack.
As for carrying, they do allow hunting on most of the property (some is a wildlife sanctuary where explicitly prohibited) so I doubt it's an issue.
Be sure you understand the new regulations around "large capacity ammunition feeding devices": New Vermont Gun Laws FAQs | Department of Public Safety

Any of you guys ever been to Windmill hill? Just want to know if it is a "gun friendly" zone. My girlfriend wants to go to the pinnacle cabin. Says its a hike of a few miles on a trail. Just wanted to know if I could bring a bear gun with me in case of.....you guessed it bears. From what I read Vermont as of right now still allows carry for residents and non residents without a permit. Any info would be great.

You only need to be able to run faster than your girlfriend. Just sayin...

Will some lawyer type please tell me if I own a P14 45 and have since the Brady bill 2 passed, can I carry it in VT? This law is full of reversal and mumbo jumbo language.

LARGE CAPACITY AMMUNITION FEEDING DEVICES, 13 V.S.A. § 4021

Beginning April 11, 2018, the manufacture, possession, transfer, sale, purchase, or receipt or importation into Vermont of large capacity ammunition feeding devices is prohibited. This prohibition does not apply to large capacity ammunition feeding devices lawfully possessed on or before April 11, 2018, and the prohibition on importation into Vermont does “not include the transportation back into this State of a large capacity ammunition feeding device by the same person who transported the device out of State if the person possessed the device on or before” April 11, 2018. The prohibition on possession, transfer, sale, and purchase of large capacity ammunition feeding devices lawfully possessed by licensed dealers before April 11, 2018 does not take effect until October 1, 2018.

Back
Top Bottom