• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

need some input

Ok i am at work have worked at same place total of probly 13 years. I recently recived my class a unrestricted in August when i took the class a co worker made some remarks. I ignored him how ever today he goes Obamah is gonna make everyone get a million dollar insurance if ypu own gun . Can u belive this guy so i said it wasnt fair he is like to bad, maybe people shouldnt have guns .Ok gets better just a little while ago he goes to my boss in private and said that he thinks i am carring a gun [shocked] so my boss asked me i said no[wink].I like my job alot however i am just sick to my stomach so what to do ? Any good jobs out there?[smile]

The right to keep and bear arms is a civil right. You're being harassed over your civil rights in the workplace. It's making you uncomfortable and creating a hostile work environment. Mention this to HR and they'll get the picture.

Last edited:
The right to keep and bear arms is a civil right. You're being harassed over your civil rights in the workplace. It's making you uncomfortable and creating a hostile work environment. Mention this to HR and they'll get the picture.

Yup. Make sure you use these words too.

Perfect case for the ACLU... [thinking]

I'm not saying the ACLU would give a darn in the slightest, but these days employers tend to be very receptive to any mention of harassment in the workplace over any issue.

Last edited:

Jesus man, get an original thought[wink]

Go ahead, report me because I "own guns". Never made threats, so who cares. If HR ever wanted to make an issue out of it, I'd politely and respectfully remind them that they are talking to me about my civil rights and the threats of "being reported" by coworkers is making me feel like this is a hostile work environment and that I feel like I am being targeted over a civil rights issue. No need to even hint at the lawsuit word, I'm sure they'd get the picture.

http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=793561#post793561

If you like it there then just blow it off. Your co-worker is a jerk. In a 3 person company, everyone knows what is going on. Do you really want to leave the company in this economy because of the jerk? You have to pick your battles, If this guy persists then it will be time to escalate IMHO.

Last edited:
Ok i am at work have worked at same place total of probly 13 years. I recently recived my class a unrestricted in August when i took the class a co worker made some remarks. I ignored him how ever today he goes Obamah is gonna make everyone get a million dollar insurance if ypu own gun . Can u belive this guy so i said it wasnt fair he is like to bad, maybe people shouldnt have guns .Ok gets better just a little while ago he goes to my boss in private and said that he thinks i am carring a gun [shocked] so my boss asked me i said no[wink].I like my job alot however i am just sick to my stomach so what to do ? Any good jobs out there?[smile]

1. Talk to your HR representative not your boss. Your co-worker is causing a hostile work environment. You wanted to be documented first as the victim not the other way around.
2. Check your handbook about bringing firearms to work. If it's not there there is nothing "wrong" with you bringing one. You are duly licensed to.
3. You are accused of doing something that is not wrong nor illegal. If anything your co-worker is. It's like crying "fire" in a crowded theater. He's trying to incite hysteria.
4. Check your handbook regarding searches. Never let them search you. Even if you aren't carrying, don't let them search you. That is your right. Don't ever give it up. Ever.

Just read that it is a small store. It changes the dynamic but not the principle.

Remember that you are the victim.

hostile work environment

key phrase.

the next phrase is 'I'm getting an attorney'

no employer wants to hear phrase # 1....99% won't let it get to phrase # 2

Resist the tattle tale mentality. Just tell him to shove it up his ass and continue to do your job.

Tell him you dont need a gun to take him, look at your watch, then ask if he'll be out back around 3. :D

If anything, my serious suggestion is to mention to your boss in passing that you took a gun safety class which wasnt that big of a deal last year, and suddenly this guy is getting dropping 'creepy' remarks about guns which is getting you to the point of wondering if you need to have a gun there for your safety. [wink]

Co-worker

Offer to take him shooting w/you. If he declines and starts whining about how guns are evil tell him he`s a pussy and tell him to get a pair. You can also ask him what he would use to defend his family untill the cops arrive, if they do.

Back
Top Bottom