• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Need Some Help.

Medic-554

NES Member
just bought a new firearm actually just a" frame "from out of state and was transferred to my FFL. Because it was only a frame only the federal form was needed. Now the Question, how long after I complete this project do I (A) have to do the eFA-10 and (B) Do I need to put the sellers information into the system or do I just skip that part and move on? thanks for any help....

You would just be doing an FA10 registration. Not transfer. So no seller's info needed. IFAIK. It is like building an AR and then FA10ing it. Not sure as to the time frame. It was 1 week when using paper FA10s. I would expect the same for the build but I'm not positive. Personally I would just put it together and STFU about it. But that's just me...

Yep. 7 days. I just found this on the FAQ from the EFA10 page. https://mircs.chs.state.ma.us/fa10/help/help_and_faq.pdf

Massachusetts law requires all residents report any sale or transfer (including gifts) of a weapon within 7 days of the transaction.
G.L.c.140,§128A

if you want you can fill out the FA-10 after the whole gun is assembled. if you were filling it out at that point you'd do the registration as wrench said.

Back
Top Bottom