need some feedback

I read a few more of these posts and I have to say. I don't agree with going armed. Just don't go. If you want your rights respected then you have to respect their right to decide what is and is not allowed on their private property. You don't have to agree with it and you don't have to go and be subjected to it. But you do have to respect it or your no better than them.

Private property is private property and the owner sets the rules. Whether that means don't park on my lawn or don't bring your gun to my house. There are plenty of places I don't go any more for precisely that reason. By the same token you could tell them that from now on it is a requirement that they be armed if they come to your house.

I just don't understand why so many people don't get this. Civil disobedience is one thing. Violating another persons rights is another. That's the job for the police.

You should read a little more into the posting. If the OP is attending a party at someone else's private property then the OP definately needs to pay attention to his wife's friends wishes and may want to leave the fire arm at home or locked in the trunk or not attend......in this scenario the OP is inclined to respect the home owner's rights as to who and what they want entering their home whether the OP feels he has a right to self defense of not. However if the party is at a public place.....different story.....his rights to self defense are notable and should carry on carrying on.

FYI.....I still think the wife's friend is a moonbat.....but does have a right to say no fire arms are allowed on his/her property!

You should read the thread. I told the op not to carry if he told the 'friend' that he wouldn't. That's called integrity . I never encouraged him to carry against his friends wishes.
Now go back and read the post you defended. It makes no sense.

badly conceal banana's, and zuchinis and few "I'm happy to see youse" guys" profiles just to show them why they're all ascared.[laugh]

Wow, you are truly not understanding what i was saying. Go ahead and carry where ever and whenever you can as long as you are legally able to do so. What i was saying is that you arent asking people to stop drinking, or living your life as you see fit, so why would people tell you different. Their logic is the children, maybe you should tell them to leave their cars at work if they are drinking, or plan to drive while drunk.

You read into what i was saying way to much, calm down a bit and enjoy life, and enjoy carrying concealed. Lifes to short to let a picnic get anyone upset.

I agree that life is too short to get upset over a silly picnic. I just don't like the constant references to drinking and comparing guns to the harm a drunk can do.

My wifes best friend invites us and we go to their memorial day picnic every year. It well known that I carry a gun and no one has ever had an issue about it. Well, this year seems to be different. I've been asked to not have it with me this year or ever I'm guessing. Her friends reason is because of the children. Now, my handgun has never jumped of of me and gone around threatening people nor have I taken it out ever and waved it around. My initial feeling was I wasn't happy about it but I said ok, now I'm thinking about telling the wife to go without me and be sure to let them know why. I'm very sure this will cause an argument. What are your opinions out there? Should I just say the hell with it and go without or what. Thanks for any responses.

Easy solution. Don't go. Or go deeply concealed and f-them.

Tell her your going to shoot IDPA that day and head to the range!!! I do that atleast one weekend, every month, all summer!! See you at HSC on Memorial Day!! [smile]

I don't waste my time with people who think like that, life is too short to deal with ignorant "friends".

I can't say it any better. Let wifey go on her own. Her friends and she'll get over it. It is their property though, and I would recommend you respect their wishes. I think you've got the right idea. Just don't go and remember that it's their loss.

That's how I roll... and I don't feel bad about it.... ever....

Last edited:
They are the host. Violating one of their house rules is rude and disrespectful.

This. Leave it in the trunk or don't go. Their house, their rules.

If you ccw after being asked not to, you're being a jerk. My wife has plenty of friends who are weird about certain things (guns, food coloring, organic, hippies, conservative, religious, etc.). Part of being in a civil society is compromise. Suck it up for a few hours or make other plans.

Why on earth an MAN would ever let some clam dictate how they protect themselves or their family is beyond me.

I actually deal with this issue all the time. I belong to a social group that has public and private events. At the public events, dining out, dancing, mini golf, etc I usually carry. But if I go to a private party at the home of someone I know isn't gun friendly I either lock box it in my car, don't bring it or stay home. I don't want anyone dictating how I run my household and I don't question their sensibilities. That's me, whatever you want to do is your issue and you'll be the one dealing with consequences if there are any. If you ask me "and no one is" if you want people to take you seriously, you have to take them seriously no matter how bat shit crazy you think they are.

I actually deal with this issue all the time. I belong to a social group that has public and private events. At the public events, dining out, dancing, mini golf, etc I usually carry. But if I go to a private party at the home of someone I know isn't gun friendly I either lock box it in my car, don't bring it or stay home. I don't want anyone dictating how I run my household and I don't question their sensibilities. That's me, whatever you want to do is your issue and you'll be the one dealing with consequences if there are any. If you ask me "and no one is" if you want people to take you seriously, you have to take them seriously no matter how bat shit crazy you think they are.

What he said...

Do you take kim jong un seriously? Why on earth would you accept the fact that some moonbat doesn't want YOU to carry concealed? If they told you to ride on the back of the bus and take the rear entrance to the venue would you be alright with it?

Some of you amaze me, it's no wonder we are backed in to a corner. You cowards give, give, give, and give. Don't be ashamed to be a sheep dog. When the time comes... Never mind you neutered bitches can keep your shit locked up and hang with the "Cool anti-gun crowd". Don't worry I am sure when the bullets start flying nobody is keeping track of who is on what side.

Why does your friend even know you carry? I hope it is not through that compulsion to share things with everyone. Why should it be well known that you carry?

Your friend can set any rules she wants, it's her party, especially true if it is at her house, but I'm with Derek on this one. It's time to get new friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you take kim jong un seriously? Why on earth would you accept the fact that some moonbat doesn't want YOU to carry concealed? If they told you to ride on the back of the bus and take the rear entrance to the venue would you be alright with it?

Some of you amaze me, it's no wonder we are backed in to a corner. You cowards give, give, give, and give. Don't be ashamed to be a sheep dog. When the time comes... Never mind you neutered bitches can keep your shit locked up and hang with the "Cool anti-gun crowd". Don't worry I am sure when the bullets start flying nobody is keeping track of who is on what side.

Asking me to use the rear entrance, or sit in the back of the bus in public is a lot different than someone asking my not to to bring my firearm into their private residence. For the record the organizer of this group is really anti gun. I don't really know if she knows I carry to public venues because it's concealed and I keep my mouth shut. Also for the record, not one of the anti gun members has ever asked me not to bring a gun. I know they won't like it so I lock box it, or don't go. My point is I want it done MY WAY at my house so I respect their right to have it THEIR WAY at their house. When I leave I take my M&P Shield out of the lock box, slip it into the Crossbreed and go merrily on my way.

Last edited:
"Dear XXXXX, Thanks for inviting us to your Memorial Day party. We've always had a very nice time. Per your request, my firearm will not be at the party this year. It will be with me - at the range. Best wishes to all for a fun day. Oh, and a safe and a secure one.
Affectionately,
XXXXX"

I wouldn't go but i'm an anti-social prick to begin with, with a low tolerance for douche bags.

Well, except with my friends.

you do what you need to do to protect yourself and your family, at all times. I don't check my duties or beliefs at the door in any house. Don't like it? Don't invite me, but then again, what are you going to do, force me?

I don't waste my time with people who think like that, life is too short to deal with ignorant "friends".

This, all the way^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Would they feel any responsibility if you got robbed, shot or knifed on the way to or from their place and you weren't carrying to abide by their wishes? I seriously doubt it. They'd likely say well you had a choice.

And they'd be right, you have a choice, so exercise it and stay home.

Time to move on and find friends who aren't hoplophobic. You'll be happier and so will they.

I actually deal with this issue all of the time, too. Married into a family full of antis, that pal around with some political figures that want to "take the guns off the streets."

But unlike you, I don't act like a bitch about it.

Let me ask you this question

If SHTF during the picnic what would you rather have, your gun or your wife's friend?

Would you trust your/family's life in the hands of your wife's friend?

I almost forgot that I also have a Prius with an AR15 Sticker, less money on gas more rounds at the range, why stereotype?

Last edited:
They are the host. Violating one of their house rules is rude and disrespectful.

However, it is also incredibly rude to attempt to dictate the behavior of guests when that behavior does not impact you in any way.
This is like inviting someone to a party and saying "don't bring any [insert racial epithet of your choosing here] though". It is bigoted, ignorant, rude and should be made socially unacceptable.

I actually deal with this issue all of the time, too. Married into a family full of antis, that pal around with some political figures that want to "take the guns off the streets."

But unlike you, I don't act like a bitch about it.

So your well thought out articulate response to my post is to call me a name? Dude.....

So your well thought out articulate response to my post is to call me a name? Dude.....

he's got a point.

what's more important to you? your rights as an american citizen and having the ability to defend yourself and your family--or hanging out with a bunch of dipshit rabid antis who will happily strip your rights from you under the guise of "public safety", empty your wallet in the interest of "the greater good", and ultimately end up jailing you anyway because you are still a "right-wing nutjob conservative"?

It wasn't well thought out or articulate, it was just me labeling your behavior, but not necessarily you. Perhaps you are confused and in a weak moment. So here's some food for thought.

Ask yourself this: would you cover up a tattoo around your friends without prompting on their behalf? Now think about this:

1. This action would be the result of you making assumptions about your friends
2. This action would also be the result of you assuming that your tattoo could be taken as offensive
3. This action also would be assuming that your friends would not accept you for who you are

All of these things are true to your actions of turtling with your 2nd amendment rights around your "friends." Before even asking them whether you carrying would be offensive to them, and subsequently sparking healthy conversation between people who you consider friends (as all friends should be able to do) you make assumptions that what you're doing is "bad," that it can be taken as offensive to your friends, and that they subsequently don't accept you as yourself as they are rejecting your desires/ideals.

Why not ask for permission to carry on their premises? Why not start a healthy conversation about it with them? At the very least you'll better learn their stance on the issue and their reasoning. At the very best, you'll initiate a long conversation where both participants listen to each other and learn a thing or two, because friends listen to each other. And you've stated that you believe them to be cut from that same cloth.

Now ask yourself this: are they really your friends? And why are you afraid of talking with them about these issues? Are they irreproachable?

Or are you a acting like a bitch and conforming to assumptions that you've made about your friends in order to fit in with them? Notice- I haven't called you one yet. I've only referenced your actions as likable to that of one, dude.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom