• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

need some feedback

Is it a public place? Even if it is a public place, are people going to be drinking? If so, then you have every right to carry. The people drinking at a public place, or even drinking at a private place are more likely to hurt someone by drunk driving than you would with a firearm.

Some people are uncomfortable around firearms. Others may have had a traumatic experience in which firearms were involved. Some clarification as to the why would be helpful. If it were me and they asked I not carry, out of respect for my wife's friendship, I would not carry. Happy wife, happy life and all that. Now, if my wife was bothered by the idea of me not carrying (or being asked to not carry) and gave the nod, I just wouldn't go and make sure the friend knew why. It would be up to the wife, as it is her friend.

That's me, YMMV.

Is it a public place? Even if it is a public place, are people going to be drinking? If so, then you have every right to carry. The people drinking at a public place, or even drinking at a private place are more likely to hurt someone by drunk driving than you would with a firearm.

Wow. Theirs some fantastic logic. So I'm only allowed to carry a gun if the other people around me are at least as likely as me to hurt someone? I thought only antis compared drunk drivers to lawful gun owners.

Some people are uncomfortable around firearms. Others may have had a traumatic experience in which firearms were involved. Some clarification as to the why would be helpful. If it were me and they asked I not carry, out of respect for my wife's friendship, I would not carry. Happy wife, happy life and all that. Now, if my wife was bothered by the idea of me not carrying (or being asked to not carry) and gave the nod, I just wouldn't go and make sure the friend knew why. It would be up to the wife, as it is her friend.

That's me, YMMV.

So you have no respect for your right to self defense?

Wow. Theirs some fantastic logic. So I'm only allowed to carry a gun if the other people around me are at least as likely as me to hurt someone? I thought only antis compared drunk drivers to lawful gun owners.

So you have no respect for your right to self defense?

You should read a little more into the posting. If the OP is attending a party at someone else's private property then the OP definately needs to pay attention to his wife's friends wishes and may want to leave the fire arm at home or locked in the trunk or not attend......in this scenario the OP is inclined to respect the home owner's rights as to who and what they want entering their home whether the OP feels he has a right to self defense of not. However if the party is at a public place.....different story.....his rights to self defense are notable and should carry on carrying on.

FYI.....I still think the wife's friend is a moonbat.....but does have a right to say no fire arms are allowed on his/her property!

Last edited:
You should read a little more into the posting. If the OP is attending a party at someone else's private property then the OP definately needs to pay attention to his wife's friends wishes and may want to leave the fire arm at home or locked in the trunk or not attend......in this scenario the OP is inclined to respect the home owner's rights as to who and what they want entering their home whether the OP feels he has a right to self defense of not.

This.

And its common sense and common courtesy. If you smoke and your friend does not you should not be smoking in his house. Period. Everyone loves castle law until they can't do what they want in someone else's castle....

Depends where it's being held. Public location = tell them to pound sand. Their property their rules. ME, I wouldn't even go, no gun= less safe, not the other way around. I don't forfeit my right or abilities to protect myself or family for any "friendship". They will be the first ones to bang on your door when the SHTF, another reason I keep to others that are generally like minded. Good luck with what you choose though, it's a tough one when its people your significant other values.

If the get together is on her private property i wouldn't go....and send a little note along with your wife that says

"while i respect you're right to ask that no guns, nor person carrying a gun be allowed on you're property....i also respectfully ask you to accept my sincerest apologies for not attending, as i cannot and will not forfeit my constitutional right to protect myself and my loved ones"

Lol or you could just say u can't make it ; )

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

You could leave your pistol at home and bring presents of lots and lots of water pistols and super soakers.... for the children.

...and maybe for the adults, too.

concealed means concealed but if you choose not to CCW i recomend open carrying a banana in your holster. if anybody asks why your carrying a banana in your holster tell em its for the children

Wow, you are truly not understanding what i was saying. Go ahead and carry where ever and whenever you can as long as you are legally able to do so. What i was saying is that you arent asking people to stop drinking, or living your life as you see fit, so why would people tell you different. Their logic is the children, maybe you should tell them to leave their cars at work if they are drinking, or plan to drive while drunk.

You read into what i was saying way to much, calm down a bit and enjoy life, and enjoy carrying concealed. Lifes to short to let a picnic get anyone upset.

Last edited:
Open-carry the **** outta this picnic. Tell me where it is, I'll OC too so's people see its normal.

I must be slacking at work, because this was sent using Tapatalk

conceal carry it maybe even open carry to really stir things up that is like someone telling me that since i have a full sleeve tattoo and one big one on my other arm i cant wear short sleeve shits in public

Last edited:

That's me, YMMV.
+1.

I don't carry all the time, can't carry at work (company policy), so its not as big a change-up for me as it is for others out here. Also, I wouldn't bring it to a party, since it usually means I'll be drinking.
And while I don't agree with others illogical gun fears, I make sacrifices all the time at my wife's request (and she does for me).

Cardinal rule with CCW: NEVER tell ANYONE that you are armed....& NEVER wear it on your person in such a way that it may be obvious to others that you may be carrying concealed.....NO ONE has to know and don't show it either.....it's nobody's business....when cornered, just punt................... and lie.

Just MHO

Last edited:
My response would be something on the line of, " I certianly respect you wishes and would not want to make you uncomfortable. " I had no idea you felt that I am a threat to you or your childrens safety, but now that I do, I will avoid making you uncomfortable in the future." "Have a great Memorial day."

Might seem a bit dickish but think about it, she must feel that way or it would be a non issue, YMMV.

They are the host. Violating one of their house rules is rude and disrespectful.

However, it is also incredibly rude to attempt to dictate the behavior of guests when that behavior does not impact you in any way.

Do not go. She is a control freak and sticking her nose where it doesn't belong. Would you allow her to dictate the political or literary content of any emails, links, etc on your smart phone while in her house? Seriously, what if she demanded to see your phone when you walked in and started deleting any Obama jokes or links to conservative websites that she found? It is your right to read/write what you like and she isn't even being exposed to it, so it isn't any of her concern. Same as the gun.

Cardinal rule with CCW: NEVER tell ANYONE that you are armed....& NEVER wear it on your person in such a way that it may be obvious to others that you may be carrying concealed.....NO ONE has to know and don't show it either.....it's nobody's business....when cornered, just punt................... and lie.

Just MHO

Just FYI. A lot of the people here tend to socialize with other gunnies. As such, your new holster or handgun are very much legitimate topics of conversation and show and tell as appropriate. I have a whole set of pictures from my wedding of people showing off their OC and CC setups. Several of them got new rigs just for the occassion, they would have been sad if no one noticed!

A lot of us are also actively teaching or mentoring new shooters, so showing them carry options is very normal.

If your CC is very hush-hush that is fine, but plenty of us live life differently. Just different social millieus.

Since I have a bad case of tinfoil hatitis, what side does your wife take on all of this? And are you being manipulated into not carying a weapon with the wife's friend?

I think you should go anyway...as others have said concealed is concealed.

It has been my experience that rabid anti types are a bunch of cowards when it comes to gun related things in general.

They will be the ones hiding behind someone else if anyone comes to take what is yours.

If you go and you are found out, no harm (in my opinion) leave and everything else will fix itself.

I have carried at a friend's house who would have blown a head gasket if they knew what I had under my coat.

In the end it is your opinion that matters more than the wife's friend...if you want to carry do it.

Or you could fight retard with retard and tell them your handgun is powerful weak compared with a rifle.

If you said"OK", you gave your word. I'd keep my word but I'd never go again. If I'm asked not to carry a gun, I don't go.

I would attend. Respect the friend's wishes and leave the handgun at home. Bring a shotgun instead.

If she questions that, tell her that you're just following Biden's recommendations.

BTW, is your wife's friend hot? I didn't figure in the hotness factor. [wink]

Last edited:
Let me get this right. You are even considering going there? To celebrate Memorial Day of all things. A holiday for the remembrance if the men and women who have died to defend the rights that you will be denied at said celebration? This is the definition of a no brainier. Derek hit the nail on the head with the first reply...

-----------------------------------------------
I read a few more of these posts and I have to say. I don't agree with going armed. Just don't go. If you want your rights respected then you have to respect their right to decide what is and is not allowed on their private property. You don't have to agree with it and you don't have to go and be subjected to it. But you do have to respect it or your no better than them.

Private property is private property and the owner sets the rules. Whether that means don't park on my lawn or don't bring your gun to my house. There are plenty of places I don't go any more for precisely that reason. By the same token you could tell them that from now on it is a requirement that they be armed if they come to your house.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom