Need some advice

Bistro

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Hi guys, try to keep it short and sweet

I'm a flat rate car mechanic for a dealership. Just recently I walked out because I caught out one of the service writers wasn't paying me on some jobs. Just want to know who can I contact to have this business or writer investigated? I would like him to be audited to check repair orders that he handled with me and the other people in the shop.

thanks

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
How about the corporate office? They probably have an audit/investigation unit. Do you have any documentation to substantiate your claim? Otherwise it could be your word against his.

Good luck.

falcon123

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
First thing is to talk to the service writer's supervisor. Then if you get no satisfaction, move up the chain of command. Don't escalate it to AG unless you get dicked around by mgmt. keep records.

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 98.1%
53   1   0
If internally doesn't work, reporting this (with evidence) to the MA Dept of Labor should result in an investigation that the dealer will not like at all.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I used to not pay guys for work they had to do twice, and if I good-willed and couldn't bill a job I would feed them gravy jobs like timing belts that paid 6 hours and they could do in 1 or AC installs that paid 8 and could be done in 45 minutes. Were you being screwed or were you being greedy?

blindfire

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi guys, try to keep it short and sweet

I'm a flat rate car mechanic for a dealership. Just recently I walked out because I caught out one of the service writers wasn't paying me on some jobs. Just want to know who can I contact to have this business or writer investigated? I would like him to be audited to check repair orders that he handled with me and the other people in the shop.

thanks
Call Marsha's office. Seriously.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Hoping to find a fat girl to slurp my eel
If internally doesn't work, reporting this (with evidence) to the MA Dept of Labor should result in an investigation that the dealer will not like at all.
This is the thing to do. But make sure you have clear documentation, you'll need your time sheets and being a flat rate tech hopefully you took notes of every vehicle you worked on, also make sure you get your daily tech time punches for every RO you worked on to cross reference it with your hour sheet.

Rating - 66.7%
2   1   0
I used to not pay guys for work they had to do twice, and if I good-willed and couldn't bill a job I would feed them gravy jobs like timing belts that paid 6 hours and they could do in 1 or AC installs that paid 8 and could be done in 45 minutes. Were you being screwed or were you being greedy?
This right here is why you should never go to the stealership for work. Bill 8 hrs. for 45 minute job, who's being greedy. [shocked]

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
This right here is why you should never go to the stealership for work. Bill 8 hrs. for 45 minute job, who's being greedy. [shocked]
The dealer isn't the one that came up with the time, the factory did. Flat rates are determined using hand tools, the instruction manual called for removal of the front bumper and the dash, the techs discovered they could pull the glove box and the grill only. it was tight but doable, being flat rate is all about learning the quickest way to do the job properly.

Bistro

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Thanks guys,
no I wasn't being greedy, not the way I was brought up. if the writer think I was, then he nevered communicated with me about it. I caught him two weeks ago and his reply was I make a 100 hours a week and stop complaining. I wish I made that so I can cry over it. Not the case. He is a guy who tried to be a tech and couldn't hack it.

The thing that set me off, I was working in the middle of a job and just check the r.o. On the computer, he put lower hours on one job then nothing on the other. I brought it up to him then he just says get the ****ing job done. Then I went red. Then my manager ask where I was going, we can talk about this, I told her I already brought up the issue and did nothing. I had to remove myself from the situation before something bad woild happen.

the way my manager did it when I brought to her attention, was she would adjust the hours and took it out of her department to pay me. That's only when I caught him. That's why I want him audited to see the past records of him changing the hours or putting any hours at all. Once he closes the repair order you can't go back and change it. I don't have time slips because besides this guy we never had a problem. Other guys I've known for years, this guy six months. Since I left the other writers don't want to touch any of his work just in case this happens.

One time a couple came in for a oil change, I up sold rear brakes. After the road test I found out the front rotors were pulsating. Instead of up selling he try to bribe me that he will buy lunch because he didn't want to call the customer, because he was mean.

soory for the long post just needed to rant. This industry sucks anyway

Top Bottom