-

Senrty is on the low end of safes..kinda like hundai vs honda.Guardall and Amsec are the big names hence big $$$ If that price is delivered to your doorstep jump on it. I've seen worse for more $$ and I'm in the lock and safe biz

As much as I cannot stand Dick's Sporting Goods they have a similar safe for nearly the same money with a spin dial. Availability varies from store to store so you might have to check around a bit.

like you, I consider electronic locks a libality. You also need a really good hidey hole for the back up key.
Look around, I believe you can do better.

You should look at Eastern Sercurity Safe in Mendon, MA. I bought my safe there and they have a good selection of safes including different manufacturers such as Champion, Fort Knox, Summit, Liberty Safes, Dakota, etc. They are aslo very helpful and are easy to talk to, this is what they do sell safes for guns and other items you may want or need for protecting your valuables in.

Also the gun show this weekend is in Marlborough and most likely they will have a table there and will have safes there for you to actually look at and ask questions about.

Pricing varies widely according to what you budget is and what you want (size of safe, fire rating, etc.). These guys are a good source of information even if you don't buy from them.

Good luck and have fun looking.

cda1210

If you like that unit, go to Dicks and wait for a sale. I know the price after Thanksgiving on a similar safe will be about $450 as it has been for the last two years running. The sale one also has had a dial lock too.

I second Eastern Security,, good people to deal with and they were at the marlborough gun show and will be set up at the Big E for the exposition. They usually do Manchester gun show too. Dont get a cheapie safe, its just not worth it.

I second Eastern Security,, good people to deal with and they were at the marlborough gun show and will be set up at the Big E for the exposition. They usually do Manchester gun show too. Dont get a cheapie safe, its just not worth it.

I don't think I saw them at the big e and ive been like 5 times but I will check again this week. I would imagine they do the gun show thats is there later in the year though.

Let me give you some good advice, about 6 months ago i went to dicks in millbury and was gonna buy some crappy lock bos lined with ply wood that was a so called safe.. an employee stopped me and told me that he could sell me a FLOOR MODEL field and stream pro series safe for 350 ish ! its orignally 799$ weighs about 700lbs water proof and fire proof , i wasnt looking for spend more than a hundred but i just couldnt pass it up, long story short ... go to dicks and buy floor models at the ends of the seasons... it was literally the BEST purchase i have ever made , period . FACT Good luck

Back
Top Bottom