• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Need shotgun

one-eyed Jack

Manufacturer
Since my 6 yo grandson, little Jack is doing so well with the .22 and .243 rifles and the .410 shotgun, his dad Lance will be taking him to the woods for the NH youth turkey hunt this spring. What we need is a cheap 20 ga single shot beater that we would cut down to fit. Since little Jack is growing so fast, the gun would only be used for the 2 day hunt and then be given to the next young hunter. Can't justify buying a new gun for 2 days, especially where the cost would come from Jack's allowance with some help from his dad. Jack.

Isn't a 20 a bit much for a 6 year old shoulder? Don't get me wrong I have no problems with starting early given the right supervision. I have 6 year old grandson as well and no way that little guy could handle the recoil from a 20 guage without risking harm.

Isn't a 20 a bit much for a 6 year old shoulder? Don't get me wrong I have no problems with starting early given the right supervision. I have 6 year old grandson as well and no way that little guy could handle the recoil from a 20 guage without risking harm.
Good point, but little Jack is quite large for his age and built like a bear. A cut down stock with a good recoil pad and he will be GTG. Jack.

TY43215, if you're going to be near Plympton and can get that gun to Acme Armament before the 28th, I'll put it in Jacks hands the following Monday.

I drive to cape cod from Halifax daily and could help with logistics to acme or EC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Anything works for me. Friday works best for me. If you can get it to EC, that is fine with me. I can meet anywhere from Bridge to Dennis

Well I have training in RI Thursday and Friday, I'll be in Bourne all day tomorrow and Wednesday, and all next week. I'll PM you my # and let's make sure EC is OK with it, I don't know him personally.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you'll take a browning 20 semi-auto it's yours (Holds 3 rounds). I'm in the Milford, MA area but I work in Boston. Would be willing to meet you somewhere on 495 to transfer. Bring a case I want mine back [smile]

Last edited:
Hey Jack, we're all set.

TY43215 is going to drop off his Stevens 20ga at Acme Armament, I'm going to pick it up on the 28th, and I'll drop it off at your office the following week.

I'll be pissed if you gouge me on the transfer.

hello all i am little jacks father i just became a member of northeast shooters.i cant believe how generous you all are .thanks for the help with the shotgun.little jack is 6 years old and breaking the same hole in the bull at 70 yards with the single shot .243. I don't want to brag but i'm really proud of him.i taught him well but i learned from the best ,my father, other wise known as one eyed jack!!! if jack scores on a turkey i'll be sure to post a picture, thanx again

Back
Top Bottom