• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Need opinion on a Safe

speedy

NES Member
There was a sale on a Liberty Centurion Fire and Security safe at Lowe's this past Sunday. Reg price $397 down to $297. (8.1 cu. Ft. 59"H x 21" x17" D)
My Brother-in law was asking me about the safe. I do not know much about Liberty in General. I know they are a big safe company. He is not looking for a 1 Hr 1200C+ safe. He is pretty much looking for a safe to put two long rifles, handgun, some ammo and important personal documents. This definetely would be an improvement from the locker safe he has. This is a 20 min fire rating safe.
Is this worth the price?
Thanks for your opinion

Yes, it is worth the price. It isn't the kind of safe that a determined burglar who knows he has guns will be flummoxed over but it is good for dealing with MA statutes (131L) and preventing your typical casual burglar from access.

I saw that in the flyer, and was also intrigued due to the price. I didn't notice that it was a 1 day sale, though... Was that the case?

It's decent. You can't change the combo if that matter's to you. I think they put this on sale a few times in the winter. Remember that it's tax exempt too!

It's decent. You can't change the combo if that matter's to you. I think they put this on sale a few times in the winter. Remember that it's tax exempt too!

That's interesting. I thought all electronic keypads could be programmed (at least every one that I have ever had, anyway).

Back
Top Bottom