Need help - Ripped off on line

I'm sorry that happened to you.

I don't know if this story will be any consolation but I got taken by a monkey in the middle email hack.

One of my Chinese suppliers sent me their new bank account info and I duly wired the $37,000 I owed them.

A month later my supplier contacted me to ask where their money was. Ouch.

By analyzing email trains I was able to prove the initial failure was on their end. As a matter of fact I strongly suspected it was an inside job.

We compromised and I sent them somewhat less than half - $16,000.

So the hackers got away with a sweet $37K and I was out $16K.

Since then I have fended off numerous attempts to suck me into various types of Chinese scam. They (I suspect the same folks) even set up a fake company website and tried to get me to sign on as a customer, lol. So I'm always on guard now, it's not something you want to fall for twice.

Last edited:
this, unfortunately PP DGAF about scammers. My friend got ripped off by instagram ammo scammers and for a while I was finding their (obvious) scam accounts and "enquiring" and I'd send them a link that imitates paypal but when they click it I grab the ip, general location, device, ISP etc, typically sending certain details to them is enough to scare them and get them to close up shop, but IG and PP don't care and rarely do anything. It wasn't much, but It got a few hundred of them to shut down for a least a little bit. Here are screenshots of one exchange
View: https://imgur.com/a/6GHiMEw
(it's not a grabify link, don't worry haha) They all use the same FFL copy from a dude they found online in Maine, he gets calls DAILY asking where TF their ammo is, he of course knows nothing about what's happening. It's wild, but unfortunately like others have said unless you used a CC or pp good and service the money is gone-ski

Not that poor bastard at DE I hope.

if you're referring to Thaddeus G Clark (Thaddeus Glenn) he's not a scammer, he has an FFL that scammers pass as theirs, unless he's actually involved lol
I seem to remember this scammer as the son of some guy living in Maine who works at Puritan. Or it just could be a similar case.

Back
Top Bottom