Need help! Glock 19

All need some help here. I have an old glock 19. I think it’s a gen 2.It has been having issues so I have swapped out all the springs and just swapped the recoil spring for a rod and Wolff spring.

it is still having an issue where, it will shoot a round, eject and load. But the trigger is not resetting. I need to open the action a bit to get the trigger to reset.

but just now. It went full auto on me. As it was having issues I was only loading 3 or 4 rounds at a time. But it stared going from not resetting to full auto.

what do I need to do to fix this? I am guessing there is one, maybe 2 bad springs here?

And NO this is an issue that needs to be fixed. Not an amusing feature.

DUDE DITCH ALL THE AFTERMARKET CRAP FOR OEM NEW GLOCK PARTS. (Including new trigger bar assembly) Then report back.

I would suspect that the 2nd Gen frame will work just fine after the parts get replaced.

Glock will have no problem sending it back to the owner.

not really
there are countless reports of glock issuing a new frame and given MA they cannot.

Must have been a readers digest large print version of the parts list

There are only 14-15 parts in the entire frame plus another 13 or so parts in the slide and thats counting each half of the spring cup as an indiividual part......thats still under 30 parts......and that presumes they would replace every bloody part in the gun save the frame/slide/sights
Yes, there was hefty spacing with part numbers and whatnot if I remember, and the first and last page were only partial pages. Still, I was impressed.

And yes, they replaced sights as well. In the end, it was basically only the barrel, slide and frame that was original.

Last edited:
they ignore the fvck out of that rule. I just did a G19 2-3 frame upgrade from Glock and they sent it back with a letter saying they have the old, and here is the new

glock cannot issue a new frame SN without i going through an FFL. what did glock issue you?

not really
there are countless reports of glock issuing a new frame and given MA they cannot.
That is what I mean.

They CAN send the old frame back because it is 2nd Gen.

You won't get a new Gen 3 frame though.

15 years ago, I got a new serial numbered frame from delivered back to my home. It was a frame replacement for an "E" frame. It had the same serial number but had a "1" after the "US".

OP, do you have access to another G19 that you can take the slide off of and swap out with yours (and test fire at the range?)
If problem goes away the issue is in the slide assy,
if it doesn't go away it is in the lower.

This won't fix your problem, but it may help identify it.
~Enbloc

There was an old thread that I can't find, but in it an owner of a Gen 2 received a new Gen 3 frame but it had to go through FFL. Glock is allowed to do it through warranty work. Here is a thread that references that, glock frame upgrade.

Which Wolff parts did you use? Their recoil springs alone vary from 14-24 pounds with like 9 different sku's. It would be entirely possible that too heavy of a spring will still allow the slide to cycle to ejection, but only partial mechanical reset (ie. not allowing full slide travel). But that's just armchair speculation. Factory parts (or at least factory spec) or Glock armorer as other's suggested.

I want to say a G19 recoil spring is closer to 16lbs. Not sure what a 20+ spring would be used for. Maybe +p+ ammo?

glock cannot issue a new frame SN without i going through an FFL. what did glock issue you?

Glock issued me a new Gen 3 frame. No FFL. Showed up via fedex, signature required was all.

They were kind enough to return my Ghost connector, but they put a Glock one in

If Glock needs to replace a frame on an older Gen 2 pistol for Massachusetts, the owner will almost always receive a Gen 3 frame bearing a new serial number, at no cost.

This

Inkedglocklettah.jpg

I’m betting on the striker spring being too light. Think factory is 5.5 pounds (And NO I’m not talking trigger pull).

I put in an aftermarket trigger, it would not reset. Put in an OEM striker spring and all was good. I had used a Wolff 5 pound spring.

Glock issued me a new Gen 3 frame. No FFL. Showed up via fedex, signature required was all.

They were kind enough to return my Ghost connector, but they put a Glock one in

This

View attachment 316344

interesting

1) per fed law if receiving a firearm (frame) it must go via in state FFL with a 4473. im surprised glock can do this. presumably its been flushed out by their attorneys. perhaps theres an exception if the old one is destroyed? i have had multiple firearms replaced by various mfrs and it always requires an in state FFL.

2) the letter reads affect where it should read effect

interesting

1) per fed law if receiving a firearm (frame) it must go via in state FFL with a 4473. perhaps theres an exception if the old one is destroyed? ive had multiple firearms replaced and it requires an in state FFL.

2) the letter reads affect where it should read effect

I wonder if MA expects me to eFA10 the new frame?

I didn't type the letter, but I will email them in Smyrna....and suggest they fix their form letter

interesting

1) per fed law if receiving a firearm (frame) it must go via in state FFL with a 4473. im surprised glock can do this. presumably its been flushed out by their attorneys. perhaps theres an exception if the old one is destroyed? i have had multiple firearms replaced by various mfrs and it always requires an in state FFL.

If you dig enough in the US code for gun laws, all this stuff is allowed, whether some manufacturer does it or not is a different story.

I've never had Glock send me back a gun with just the frame + parts replaced though. Last time there was an issue of that magnitude they replaced the entire gun and sent it to my
dealer, but it was a G21Gen4...

-Mike

II've never had Glock send me back a gun with just the frame + parts replaced though. Last time there was an issue of that magnitude they replaced the entire gun and sent it to my
They are a little more cautious with the newer gen guns due to the whole "not supposed to be sold in MA" thing. Last time I sent in a Gen 4 with a messed-up frame, they requested a copy of the FA-10 to prove it was registered in MA before they would replace with a new frame. They've never asked for that with an older Gen model.

If you dig enough in the US code for gun laws, all this stuff is allowed, whether some manufacturer does it or not is a different story.

I've never had Glock send me back a gun with just the frame + parts replaced though. Last time there was an issue of that magnitude they replaced the entire gun and sent it to my

-Mike

When I sent this one in, I said 'gimme doze new Glock nitesites and fix what's broke'. They replaced every part but the slide and the barrel, including the frame.

They also refinished the slide.

This was one of those atlantic firearms LE trade-ins. At the end of the day, it was more expensive than buying a FR-priced one from one of the NES classified rapist-sellers here....but at least it shoots straight. It's my backup EDC in case my now EDC-Gen 2 has a problem. about 500 rounds through the G3 since I got it back. (3 mags per range trip) Zero issues.

I'm more used to (and prefer) the way the Gen2 feels in my hand, but it's probably just me being a crank about it and not liking change.

When I sent this one in, I said 'gimme doze new Glock nitesites and fix what's broke'. They replaced every part but the slide and the barrel, including the frame.
A few times, after sending in a Glock with expired factory OEM night sights, they actually swapped them out for a newer set at no cost. Not brand new sights, but only a few years old. I'm guessing they were sitting on a surplus that were too aged to sell, was a nice surprise.

interesting

I've had a couple pistols replaced by CZ and they went right to my door - signature required...

They are a little more cautious with the newer gen guns due to the whole "not supposed to be sold in MA" thing. Last time I sent in a Gen 4 with a messed-up frame, they requested a copy of the FA-10 to prove it was registered in MA before they would replace with a new frame. They've never asked for that with an older Gen model.
For handguns there’s no criminal laws. It’s a consumer retail regulation. So sale is prohibited by FFL, but trade exchange gift or private sale is not. I figure a replacement wouldn’t constitute a retail sale so it has no bearing on the MA approved handgun rules.

A gun can be replaced by one of like model by the manufacturer if done to effect a repair, and such a swap is not required to go through an FFL. The fact that many, probably most, manufacturers require the FFL intermediary is a tribute to their paranoia, not law.

There is also an exemption for interstate bequest, but that is mentioned only for completeness as it is not the topic under discussion.

Reviving this old thread..
I found an old factory connector from another project. I put it in. Finally had a chance to shoot at the range today..

surprise! 100% reliability. Only got around 60 rounds through it. But, feeding, going bang etc.

so good news and did not have to put any money in or send off. So, got pretty lucky.

Last edited:
Got to say that I never understood the need to mess with a good gun, I have owned 4 stock Glocks, and currently own three a 20, 26, and 34 and have never had an issue with any of them after many thousands of round thru each. If it works don’t f*** with it... IMHO.

Back in the day, my Gen 2 was having issues. I called Glock and they told me to mail it to them. I had it back in 7 days with three pages of new parts, for just the cost of shipping.
Three pages of new parts? Isnt a glock like 26 parts total?

If you didnt want to wait, id buy all new glock upper and lower internal parts.
Keep the frame, barrel and slide, douche and clean the shit out of all holes and crevices.

Go on youtube and become a “certified “ glock armorer and replace your parts in like 20 minutes.

If it still doesn’t work send it to Glock or if you dont care about waiting send it to Glock. They will do the same.

Edit. Didnt see Op connector post.

Three pages of new parts? Isnt a glock like 26 parts total?

If you didnt want to wait, id buy all new glock upper and lower internal parts.
Keep the frame, barrel and slide, douche and clean the shit out of all holes and crevices.

Go on youtube and become a “certified “ glock armorer and replace your parts in like 20 minutes.

If it still doesn’t work send it to Glock or if you dont care about waiting send it to Glock. They will do the same.

Edit. Didnt see Op connector post.
They were well-spaced, lol.
In the end, it was basically just the frame, slide and barrel that were original. They even replaced the sights on the gun.

I've been shooting Glocks for 22 years. I'm also a Glock Advanced Armorer.

I'd help, but I'm pretty sure that if you call Glock and tell them your gun went full auto, they will email you a shipping label IMMEDIATELY. .

Gun companies will NEVER turn down a chance to fix a gun that is full auto, for free.

The process will take 10 minutes to print and pack the gun. You will get the gun back in 2 weeks, shipped right to your home.

There is a good chance that they will end up replacing everything in the gun except for the frame, slide, and barrel. All for free.
Its just not worth Dicking around.

Don

p.s. take that aftermarket guidr rod out before you send it in. Otherwise you won't be getting it back.

Back
Top Bottom