Need help deciding on a .22 pistol

Ok I am in the market for a .22 pistol and the two I have in mind are the Ruger 22/45 or the SR22. I would like some input from those that own either or both. What you like or don't like about each.
Thanks in advance

Jay

22/45 is a target gun, sr22 is a "fun" gun. I would get the SR22, personally, just because my 22/45 sucked. I would get the MkIII if I was in the market for a Ruger target .22.

if you are looking into a ruger of any kind, you are likely to be very satisfied. I have a sig mosquito, its one of the few ive seen that runs well, i hear the same of P22 walthers. check out the mark II and mark III pistols as well.

Dom

May want to consider the issc m22. Has been improved from earlier shipments. Mine brand new have around 400 rounds no problem with blazer ammo.
Good luck

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I'm not quite sure exactly what the intended purpose of that gun is, but I really want one! I have been assured by Ruger customer service that they have submitted it for MA approval.

Yeah, it will be. Their other LCR's are approved, if you're worried about that sort of thing. Looks fun, and I like the LCR line.

GSG-1911

15mif4j.jpg

Just turned into my favorite .22LR.

I have done some research into those GSG's. There not badly priced either. How are they really? I have never shot one.

Almost 500 rounds today (first outing since I got it last week). Not ONE FTF/FTE/FTAnything. It's my New Best Friend, .22LR Division.

OP, give them a look.

Thanks for all the replies. This is a tough decision. If they made the SR22 with a threaded barrel there would be no decision. ScottS I already have a GSG-5 and have not been too impressed with it. So it makes me hesitant to buy another. I think I'm sticking with Ruger on this one. I guess I could flip a coin. LOL I'll let everyone know tomorrow what I get.

Thanks for all the replies. This is a tough decision. If they made the SR22 with a threaded barrel there would be no decision. ScottS I already have a GSG-5 and have not been too impressed with it. So it makes me hesitant to buy another. I think I'm sticking with Ruger on this one. I guess I could flip a coin. LOL I'll let everyone know tomorrow what I get.

Can't go wrong with a SR22, and if I hadn't heard the threaded barrel was going to be so damn expensive, I'd have jumped on one.

You're close. If you ever want to try the GSG 1911 (or my GSG-5 SBR), let me know. You might just like it.

I have 2 22/45s and they are great, easy to shoot and hefty.

I also have a p22 that is a ton of fun.

They both fun flawlessly with wm federal bulk .22 copper ammo.

I recomend you buy both.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

I now have 3 Ruger 22/45s and a 7" slab-side. I have introduced many new shooters to the sport shooting those guns, and they have performed flawlessly.

I've knocked over a fair share of pins & plates and dinged lotsa steel with them... they're back on target almost as fast as you can pull the trigger.

I haven't shot the SR-22...

Love the 22/45 i have no experience with the sr22. With either I am sure you would be happy Ruger does 22lr semi auto pistols very well IMHO.

Is the SR22 even available in MA yet? I want one, but have never seen one available at any shop I have been in. I am also in the market for a .22 pistol, and the SR was/is at the top of my list.

May want to consider the issc m22. Has been improved from earlier shipments. Mine brand new have around 400 rounds no problem with blazer ammo.
Good luck

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I looked at these when my local FFL had some about 6 months ago, but couldn't find any feedback on them at all so I passed it by. I guess I will give it another look if they get them in again.

I have a Ruger MKIII Target and I love it. BUT....I am also going to get a conversion barrel for my Glock 19 so I can go back and forth between 9mm and .22LR. If I had to own one gun, that is what I would do.

I'm a Mk X guy, but the Buckmark is my close second. The thing I like about them is they seem to be the best stand-in for a 1911 if you shoot one of those.

Of course, you could get one of these. I love mine:

Advantage Arms Target 1911-22 conversion on a Les Baer lower:

421b0caf.jpg

Well I went with the Ruger 22/45. I love it, but man is it a pain to breakdown. I can't wait to shoot it tomorrow. Thanks for all the input.

Back
Top Bottom