• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Need help deciding between two rifles

10/22 because they accept larger magazines than the M&P, and while pricey, there are pre-bans if you look...

View attachment 410501
.22's limited to 10 rounds suck...
We are limited to 10 round mags on my FID and my wife's resident alien rifle/shotgun permit. We use stock 10 round mags for little Jill's 10/22 and my wife's Mini 14.

I know it wasn't on your list....but parts kits can still be found and it's one heck of a build and so much fun to shoot! Or, just buy both of your choice as you'll end up there at some point...

Attachments

• IMG_0124.JPG
    IMG_0124.JPG
    596.5 KB · Views: 15
Back to OP's topic-

Depends on what you want. Do you prefer to shoot AR's and spend most of your time doing that? Or would you spend more time with the AR platform 22? This option is a fun factor decision.

If you want accuracy, a bull barrel and decent stock will do a lot for the 10/22. A hammer and sear kit will net you a great trigger for relatively short money. You can still squeeze the trigger as fast as you want with a 'built' 10/22, but it will have a huge accuracy advantage over the AR type 22.

Back
Top Bottom