Need help choosing a .22 rifle for kids first gun.

3 is the way to go on this one, IMNSHO.

One youth model for each of the youngsters and a Carbine or Rifle model for Dad to join in with them.

I recommend getting Dad's at Wal-Mart. Especially if you're considering the Rifle version, as there's a long barreled 10/22 Rifle that's only available at Wal-Mart. Mine was $232 for the long barreled rifle.

It looks like it has to be one for each of them. That way the sights can be adjusted individually, and if one isn't much into cleaning it won't affect the other brother's gun. As for myself, I don't need a third. I can share theirs with them. It will be quite a few years before I can imagine myself shooting along side them at the same time. I'd prefer the up close (but not hovering) and watching them while they shoot, then using their gun so they can't shoot while I'm shooting. Besides, it will be good for them to share their rifles with me and then I can share my pistols with them later on.

Thanks for all the input and advice. I appreciate it.
-Cuz.

Nickle,

AFAIK, no Wal-Marts in MA sell guns any more, although most sell ammo. No guns in Hudson, NH either. Don't recall seeing any in Manchester, NH either back a few months ago.

Back
Top Bottom