Need good source for M1 carbine

m44

Ever since I got into milsurps I have wanted a m1 carbine (vellnueve planted that in my head and M4M made me think of russian SKSs). Anyway as you guys know I have gotten tons of milsurps since I joined this forum (you guys are a bad influence) but no m1 carbine. So does anyone know a shop that has a original carbine for sale. And yes I know about the CMP but my brother is not willing to do the paperwork.

Four Seasons has about four or five listed on their used guns page.

I've got an Inland (purchased from the CMP) which I'd be willing to sell for $550. I've got another Inland already, and want to buy one of the CMP Nat'l Postal Meters instead while they're still available.

FS has seven GI carbines listed in stock, the cheapest at $550. That's about the best you'll get without going CMP.

Four Seasons has about four or five listed on their used guns page.

I've got an Inland (purchased from the CMP) which I'd be willing to sell for $550. I've got another Inland already, and want to buy one of the CMP Nat'l Postal Meters instead while they're still available.

I am interested Pm me with info.

FS has seven GI carbines listed in stock, the cheapest at $550. That's about the best you'll get without going CMP.

My brother says four seasons is to far to drive [sad2]. If the deal falls through with hminsky then I will have brons try and find one for me.

What paperwork?

To avoid delays in processing your order, please complete this checklist and submit it with pages 1A and 2A
and 3A and the documentation specified in the Ordering Instructions.

Proof of U.S. Citizenship and Age.
(For acceptable documents, please see paragraph 1 on the Ordering Instructions pages).

Proof of Current Membership in a CMP Affiliated Organization.
(Please see paragraph 2 on the Ordering Instructions pages).

Proof of Participation in a Marksmanship or other Firearm Related Activity.
(Please see paragraph 3 on the Ordering Instructions pages).

Completed, signed and included Page 1A of this Order form. This page provides with the informa-tion
we need to conduct the NICS background check and is also the Liability Agreement and No-Warranty
Acknowledgement. This page is required each time you place an order with the CMP.

Completed, signed, and included Page 2A of this Order form. Please be sure to complete the top section and sign the certification each time you place an order with the CMP. Notary may not always be required. (Repeat customers, please see paragraph 6 on the Ordering Instructions pages.)

Completed, signed, and included Page 3A of this Order form. This page tells us what items you are ordering and also provides us with your payment information.

Payment in the form of personal check, cashiers check or money order – unless payment is made by authorizing credit card charges on Page 3A of the Order form.

Regretfully, your order cannot be processed without submission of all of the items on this checklist.

Failure to submit any required documents or information will result in substantial delay of your order.

http://www.odcmp.com/Forms/1orderformfillable.pdf

For a first time CMP buyer, there can be a lot of paperwork depending on if you're in a club, etc.

If nothing else, it's another reason to join GOAL. (That satisfies the "affiliated club" requirement.) Also, for anyone that hasn't looked lately, note that the "Proof of Participation in a Marksmanship or other Firearm Related Activity" standards have been steadily reduced over the years to the point where it's almost a pointless formality. (For one, just having a Mass. LTC qualifies.)

The other big hurdle for the first-time CMP buyer is finding a notary, but you only need to do that once every three years.

Yeah, but M44 is young so his parents/brother are the ones who do the paperwork and have legal ownership of the firearms.

I have two receivers sitting in a plastic box, but they're both Plainfield commercial receivers. GI specs, but not GI.

Ever since I got into milsurps I have wanted a m1 carbine (vellnueve planted that in my head and M4M made me think of russian SKSs). Anyway as you guys know I have gotten tons of milsurps since I joined this forum (you guys are a bad influence) but no m1 carbine. So does anyone know a shop that has a original carbine for sale. And yes I know about the CMP but my brother is not willing to do the paperwork.

Tell him the CMP paperwork is little more than filling out a 4473 at a shop.

It isn't hard.

Proof of citizenship and age.

Photocopy of proof of marksmanship training. If a veteran, a copy of your DD 214, or certain carry permits, or a form like we give at Appleseeds.

Photocopy of proof of affiliated association membership. GOAL works.

CMP Purchase form, filled out and notarized.

What's so hard?

Yeah, but M44 is young so his parents/brother are the ones who do the paperwork and have legal ownership of the firearms.

I have two receivers sitting in a plastic box, but they're both Plainfield commercial receivers. GI specs, but not GI.

Want to sell one once I get a GI one I wouldnt mind restoring one and building one up. I always thought you had original carbines.

Tell him the CMP paperwork is little more than filling out a 4473 at a shop.

It isn't hard.

Proof of citizenship and age.

Photocopy of proof of marksmanship training. If a veteran, a copy of your DD 214, or certain carry permits, or a form like we give at Appleseeds.

Photocopy of proof of affiliated association membership. GOAL works.

CMP Purchase form, filled out and notarized.

What's so hard?

He doesnt like mailing away for guns, I dont know ho gives me a bunch of dumb excuses.

Want to sell one once I get a GI one I wouldnt mind restoring one and building one up. I always thought you had original carbines.

I have six GI carbines, an IBM, Rock-Ola, Saginaw SG, Saginaw S'G', Underwood, and Quality Hardware.

The two plainfield receivers were a CMP special. $25 apiece, stripped. They have surface rush etc on them but look serviceable, but I haven't done anything with them.

Get a GI carbine, though, they're the best.

Sometimes you'll have that. Frankly, some folks are just AFRAID of buying from CMP because they just think there's some gimmick to it.

That is probably it he also likes seeing pics of the gun he is buying.

I have six GI carbines, an IBM, Rock-Ola, Saginaw SG, Saginaw S'G', Underwood, and Quality Hardware.

The two plainfield receivers were a CMP special. $25 apiece, stripped. They have surface rush etc on them but look serviceable, but I haven't done anything with them.

Get a GI carbine, though, they're the best.

I am gonna get that carbine from hminsky, probably will have it shipped to brons and pick it up there. I might get a non GI carbine though because my brother has a preban folding stock kicking around and I wouildnt want to put it on a original carbine.

Remember that putting a folder on a carbine that wasn't in assault weapon configuration on 9/13/1994 is not permitted in MA.

Back
Top Bottom