• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Need fallacies!

So, let me get this straight... You want me do to your home work? Drop the joint, turn off the hippiemusic, sit on your ass and do your research. I'm already done with college.

[rolleyes] I knew someone was gonna be an ass.

I'm not even gonna touch this one.

Last edited:
Sounds about right. Not all frenchmen are rude. I am. Some people maight also call it honesty.

I'm sorry if I hurt lill college kid's feelings.

... I'm 26. I'm taking night classes to finish my degree. I've been working full time since I was 17. I founded and ran a dog rescue for 4 years. I am self employed, and currently starting my own business. I'm not some "lil college kid." Nice try though. [thumbsup]

You didn't hurt my feelings, you just made yourself look like a total jackass. Most especially because I said right in the first post, "I'm not asking you to do any work here, or "do my homework," just input on fallacies you know if you have any. ... And keep the wiseass comments to yourself if you have them. I'm not in the mood. Just seeing if anyone can help me, that's all." Which I specifically said because I knew that someone on this site just wouldn't be able to read through a post without being a jackass. No one is making you respond to this post. You could have read it and just moved on. No need to comment and be rude.

Getting the fallacies themselves in one of 8 parts needed for this assignment. Trust me, no one is doing my homework for me.

Thank you to everyone else who has been helping!

Oh, here is one of my favorites:
"Trading partners don't go to war"
[rofl2]

I love that one...

Ya, no shit!!! They are the ones that "usually" end up going to war with eachother and dragging in a half dozen other countries in the process.[mg]

Fallacy: AR-15's are used by criminals for more than a tiny fraction (1%?) of crimes in the USA.

It's hard to pin down this one, because the gun control nuts will never come out with even a ballpark estimate of the use of "military looking" rifles in crimes. They think it's obvious that they are the biggest threat to public safety that there is today.

No, the statistics on this are clear, and very few gun control people refute that. So-called assault weapons are used in so few murders that it isnt even a line item, and Rifles of all sorts are involved in less than 1% of gun deaths. Even Linsky and Bloomberg admit that rifles aren't used in crime, and that handguns are used in over 99% of crime involving firearms.

It's beside the point, though, since the real goal is to get rid of all firearms. They just know that a handgun ban is too difficult...right now.

Ya, no shit!!! They are the ones that "usually" end up going to war with eachother and dragging in a half dozen other countries in the process.[mg]
War IS trade - just a violent disagreement on price most of the time. [wink]

A very messy realestate or commodity transaction.

The Crusades were a tax dispute on trade routes. The Muslims thought they were free to "tax" trade to the east and the Christians disagreed. The rest is window dressing to convince the unwashed to fight over the noble's trade routes. [laugh]

The AR 15 is assault weapon.

fallacy.

The AR 15 is NOT an assault weapon.

fallacy.

(if the military uses it (assault weapon) and we can use it except for different cosmetics ie. buttstock, then we are using military weapons.)

- - - Updated - - -

... I'm 26. I'm taking night classes to finish my degree. I've been working full time since I was 17. I founded and ran a dog rescue for 4 years. I am self employed, and currently starting my own business. I'm not some "lil college kid." Nice try though. [thumbsup]

You didn't hurt my feelings, you just made yourself look like a total jackass. Most especially because I said right in the first post, "I'm not asking you to do any work here, or "do my homework," just input on fallacies you know if you have any. ... And keep the wiseass comments to yourself if you have them. I'm not in the mood. Just seeing if anyone can help me, that's all." Which I specifically said because I knew that someone on this site just wouldn't be able to read through a post without being a jackass. No one is making you respond to this post. You could have read it and just moved on. No need to comment and be rude.

Getting the fallacies themselves in one of 8 parts needed for this assignment. Trust me, no one is doing my homework for me.

Thank you to everyone else who has been helping!

Well said

The Crusades were a tax dispute on trade routes. The Muslims thought they were free to "tax" trade to the east and the Christians disagreed. The rest is window dressing to convince the unwashed to fight over the noble's trade routes. [laugh]

Yep, when an actual declared war is being fought, every business in the nation prospers, from the lowliest janitor to the biggest banker and everyone in between, all things go into the war effort, blood and treasure alike.
WWII is a prime example of how war boosts an economy. The thing is, people aren't smart enough to figure out how to keep any acceptable modicum of prosperity going without it.

lol Never seen it put that way, but I agree.

You didn't hurt my feelings, you just made yourself look like a total jackass. Most especially because I said right in the first post, "I'm not asking you to do any work here, or "do my homework," just input on fallacies you know if you have any. ... And keep the wiseass comments to yourself if you have them. I'm not in the mood. Just seeing if anyone can help me, that's all." Which I specifically said because I knew that someone on this site just wouldn't be able to read through a post without being a jackass. No one is making you respond to this post. You could have read it and just moved on. No need to comment and be rude
Yeah, you really sound like someone who's feelings aren't hurt one bit. Let's face it, you got that assignment, and didn't get your shit together, so you asked here,. So, point out to me really quick how that is not doing your homework for you. As far as the "Jackass"goes, well, the voicesw in my head tell me to set you on fire. I tend to agree. (And I really don't give a flying fart if you're a girl or a boy, or anything in between).
As far as me posting or not posting anything, anywhere... You don't tell me what to do, what to say, where to write or when to STFU. Just not happening from a kid who could be my child (agewise). As far as tour mood goes: it doesn't matter to me what modd you're in. That might impress you boyfriend or whoever cuddles in the shower with you, but not me.

Carry on.

EDIT: To see that primate tacticool is on your side makes me feel better. Really.

Last edited:
(if the military uses it (assault weapon) and we can use it except for different cosmetics ie. buttstock, then we are using military weapons.)
M16 son not ar15.

Yeah, you really sound like someone who's feelings aren't hurt one bit. Let's face it, you got that assignment, and didn't get your shit together, so you asked here,. So, point out to me really quick how that is not doing your homework for you. As far as the "Jackass"goes, well, the voicesw in my head tell me to set you on fire. I tend to agree. (And I really don't give a flying fart if you're a girl or a boy, or anything in between).
As far as me posting or not posting anything, anywhere... You don't tell me what to do, what to say, where to write or when to STFU. Just not happening from a kid who could be my child (agewise). As far as tour mood goes: it doesn't matter to me what modd you're in. That might impress you boyfriend or whoever cuddles in the shower with you, but not me.

Carry on.

Hahahaha it's not due for another week, and I could very well do it myself. That's how they're not doing my homework for me. I have plenty of time to do it. But see how much the good people here are commenting, and throwing out ideas? Because they're all awesome and want to help? It was more to get ideas that I may not have thought of. Why am I even bothering to respond to this? Oy vey.

Grow up. If you're old enough to be my father, that's quite terrifying that you're picking fights with me just because you're bored. I didn't tell you to STFU, did I? I said you didn't have to comment, no one forced you. Go ahead, try to light me on fire. [smile] My fiance would love it.

This is ridiculous! Jesus almighty. Just needed ideas. Go away. I don't have time for yoooou. Bloooocked for my mental sanity!

EDIT: To see that primate tacticool is on your side makes me feel better. Really.

Also, if you could see just how many positive reps I'm getting for this ridiculousness, you'd know it's not just him [smile]

Last edited:
Some of my favorites:

1. ObamaCare will reduce the deficit.
2. If you are happy with your existing healthcare insurance, you'll be able to keep it.
3. Individuals buy guns online without a background check.
4. Mass residents go to NH to buy guns because of their lax gun laws.
5. A great one today - Universal background checks will save lives.

Heck, "healthcare insurance"...you don't expect your car insurance to pay for tires and oil changes do you?

- - - Updated - - -

Heck, "healthcare insurance"...you don't expect your car insurance to pay for tires and oil changes do you?

OK, I'll play anyway:

A: All frenchmen are rude
B: But my father is a frenchman, and he isn't rude
A: Yeah, well, all REAL frenchmen are rude.

There you have a counterexample to a universal claim. and the modification of the subject of the assertion to exclude the claimed case by rhetoric, without reference to any specific objective rule.
Carry on.

M16 son not ar15.

Ok.. so list the difference between M16 and Ar-15... BESIDES cosmetics. Even when you order parts for an AR, thers two different types, MIL and COM (buffer tubes for example). That's because the AR-15 manufacturers actually use the same specs from a good old M4. I honestly don't know if the bolt and chamber is machined the exact way (I know the rifle twist is different but you can change it), but mechanical the rifle operates the same exact way, minus the 3 round burst. In fact, some civilian versions are BETTER (I happen to like piston operated).

OK, I'll play anyway:

A: All frenchmen are rude
B: But my father is a frenchman, and he isn't rude
A: Yeah, well, all REAL frenchmen are rude.

There you have a counterexample to a universal claim. and the modification of the subject of the assertion to exclude the claimed case by rhetoric, without reference to any specific objective rule.
Carry on.

Bless you.

Back to topic of thread.... tough trying to find a true fallacy because you need real facts and stats to back up an assertation. Like the Obamacare thing, yea it seems a fallacy, but it's still being debated so tough to write a paper on it without it being somewhat based on opinion. Someone mentioned the rifles killing stats, that might work because you can PROVE that they aren't used in many individual attacks.

Back
Top Bottom