• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Need advice on new sights.

Interested in competing in IDPA and would be shooting with my SigArms 1911 TTT. It currently wears Sig night sights with a bar/dot set-up. My eyes aren't as sharp as they once were and would like to change them (the sights that is!) to a set which would be better for me. What are my available options ? Anyone know if the sight cuts are novak or are they different because its a Sig. The gun is tight and shoots great groups but I feel the need for other sights.

Thanks guys !

Sig uses both a Novak cut or BoMar. I would recommend a F/O uo front and a 10-8 style U notch on the rear. The F/O is easy to pick up in daylight stages and will appear as a post in flashlight stages. The simplicity of just the fron F/O is important in speed shooting.

Undoubtedly, a fiber optic front combined with a plain black rear would be the most competitive choice.

Your decision is in which size - width and height of the front sight, diameter and color of the dot, and width and style of the rear sight notch. (Those things you'll have to experiment with to really decide.)
To see what sort of sight picture you might want to emulate, look at the Heinie Over-50, the Warren Sevigny and Warren Tactical, and Dawson Precision.

Brownells has some Warren sets for the 1911. When you have an idea what you are looking for, you might want to contact Dawson Precision on the telephone.

Last edited:
Sig uses both a Novak cut or BoMar. I would recommend a F/O uo front and a 10-8 style U notch on the rear. The F/O is easy to pick up in daylight stages and will appear as a post in flashlight stages. The simplicity of just the fron F/O is important in speed shooting.

+1. I am using this combination on a Para longslide that I put together and I couldn't be happier with it. This is the first time I have used a 10-8 rear sight and find that I prefer it to the competition.

Back
Top Bottom