• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Need advice on Magpul furniture on a shotgun

VetteGirlMA

NES Member
I recently stopped into one of my favorite gun shops to buy some ammo, but left for home with both my ammo and a Remington 870 12 ga pump action. I was looking around to find an ammo side carrier for the shotgun and came across the Magpul stock and forend for the shotgun and I was wondering if anyone has swapped out the factory stock and forend for the Magpul furniture and whether they felt it was better than the factory setup? If you did, do you feel it was worth the investment? Thanks in advance!

Had a Mossberg 590 which came with the Magpul forend. It was durable and comfortable; looked sharp too. I didn't invest in the stock because it looked like it would be a very long reach to the trigger... was running with an ATI pistol grip as a "stupid home defense gun". Wish Magpul made a pistol grip for shotguns like the MOE-K.

Usually more of a walnut guy, too, but Magpul is some of the better looking tupperware on the market.

Yea I've got the Magpul SGA stock on my 590 and like it lot better than the Mossberg stock. More vertical grip angle, shorter (adjustable) length of pull, nice design. Can't go wrong.

well, you can change the length of pull quickly...a plus. it looks meaner...another plus. can't think of much more. i've always followed a simple rule, if i like it i buy it. [grin] that said, i don't have the magpul replacements on my 870.

Back
Top Bottom