• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Need advice on glock trigger job.

After carefully reading reviews on the ghost triggers I've heard good and a lot of bad.
I'm looking for a smoother trigger in the 4.5-5 pound range because it is my carry gun. I have a brand new gen 3 g 19 and I'm in NH so I cannot take it to a mass gunship to have it installed.
My question is, what is the best trigger connectors springs, combos kits etc that you have all used. I want reliability good craftsmanship, and safe to carry IWB.

The easiest thing to do is just replace the stock connector with a 3.5# connector. There are many available, such as Glock, Lone Wolf Distributing, GlockWorx, etc. My personal favorite is GlockWorx, but you'll get arguments for all of them.

If you want a more complete package, take a look at something from Vanek Custom:

GSSF Trigger Kit - Vanek Custom

If you have to change the trigger then look into the Haley strategic skimmer ... Don't buy a ghost I bought a gen3 19 that had a ghost connector and the gun would fire when the trigger reset went back to stock and that's how it will stay I don't have a problem with the stock trigger but if I were to change it it would be the skimmer it's worth the $

If you have to change the trigger then look into the Haley strategic skimmer ... Don't buy a ghost I bought a gen3 19 that had a ghost connector and the gun would fire when the trigger reset went back to stock and that's how it will stay I don't have a problem with the stock trigger but if I were to change it it would be the skimmer it's worth the $

Can this be carried? Or is it a strictly competition setup.

Can this be carried? Or is it a strictly competition setup.

They call it a enhanced carry trigger or something of that nature so I'm assuming its for carry I recently saw a g23 with it and though I only dry fired it I like it a lot. Like I said stock trigger works fine for me but if I had to replace it I'd go with the skimmer without a doubt the only downfall (and probably only reason I don't have it yet) is the price tag

Well the skimmer looks like its just a .25 cent trigger job, I want a trigger that
Fires when its pulled back not that fires halfway into the trigger pull. I just want it to be less sloppy and around the pull of my sig p226.

Says its a 2 lb bar what springs do you need to co act it so its a safe trigger pull? I'm so confused with glock trigger systems its likes 4 different pound sizes that come together for an overall weight lol. Can somebody explain wtf I'm looking at? I've read reviews on every single thing I just have no idea what I'm doing with pairing stuff up.

Take no offense my brethren but the above posts yield little info. Let me tell you what I found out after walking down this road.

OOB Stock 5.5 trigger on G27- Gritty and heavy feel. Not like I remembered from my Gen 2 G27. Didn't like it at all. Looked online and found...

The 25 cent trigger job- Gritty feel was gone. Smooth trigger pull but still a little heavy. Anyone with half a brain and a little patience can do this. Highly recommended. Then I tried...

Z-Tech 3.5 Race Connector- This took away any sort of feeling that the striker was about to go. Not what I wanted. I like a little resistance right before the hammer falls. So I replaced with the stock connector and put in...

Glockworks Comp spring kit- Now we are rockin. Light pull right up to the striker letting go then gets heavy. Just a little to heavy for me. Thinking about getting the Glock 4.5 minus connector. I think that will hit hit my sweet spot.

Take no offense my brethren but the above posts yield little info. Let me tell you what I found out after walking down this road.

OOB Stock 5.5 trigger on G27- Gritty and heavy feel. Not like I remembered from my Gen 2 G27. Didn't like it at all. Looked online and found...

The 25 cent trigger job- Gritty feel was gone. Smooth trigger pull but still a little heavy. Anyone with half a brain and a little patience can do this. Highly recommended. Then I tried...

Z-Tech 3.5 Race Connector- This took away any sort of feeling that the striker was about to go. Not what I wanted. I like a little resistance right before the hammer falls. So I replaced with the stock connector and put in...

Glockworks Comp spring kit- Now we are rockin. Light pull right up to the striker letting go then gets heavy. Just a little to heavy for me. Thinking about getting the Glock 4.5 minus connector. I think that will hit hit my sweet spot.

See this is what I'm looking for lol.
Maybe this will help ill try to be more descriptive.
I want the trigger pull at 4.5 pounds
I would like the trigger to shirt reset.
I would like the trigger distance to where it engages shorter and would like it smooth and crisp.

See this is what I'm looking for lol.
Maybe this will help ill try to be more descriptive.
I want the trigger pull at 4.5 pounds
I would like the trigger to shirt reset.
I would like the trigger distance to where it engages shorter and would like it smooth and crisp.
Getting shorter reset or initial takeup is an iffy proposition. Yes, it can be done, but it's got some tradeoffs, and may have issues in a carry gun. Competition gun, no problem, but the worst that can happen there is you lose the stage.

I'm currently running the GlockWorx competition kit in a Limited 10 gun. Nice setup, less trigger travel. And, as delivered from the factory, it doesn't always allow the trigger to reset. Oops. No sweat, I'll just adjust the overtravel and takeup set screws until I get it to work the way I like it. Now imagine that happened when the ball drops, and you're now SOL with a nonfunctional gun.

The Glock was designed as carry gun, not a competition gun. The more you try to turn it into one the more likely you'll have "issues."

Getting a competition spring set will reduce the trigger pull weight, but also reduce the service life of the springs. Again, for a competition gun, you just plan on changing springs more often, but it could be an issue in a carry gun. I run competition springs in my Production Class Glock, and I had the trigger spring go bad during a major match. Worst case was a little extra time on that stage, and I had to change out the springs before the next stage.

The more you try to improve the Glock the closer you get to the ragged edge of reliability.

Changing the connector won't cause any problems; mucking about with the internal springs, striker, striker safety, etc., just might, and unless you really know what you're doing, you might want to be conservative.

I went with a glock - connector and an ny1 trigger spring. Its a little heavier than what you are looking for, but it gives you a more consistent pull and positive reset. Might be worth a try to see if it works for you

I have done my share of Glock triggers over the years. Get the idea of changing the trigger reset and break points in a major way out of your head. As mentioned above to change those requires modification that you won't be comfortable with for a carry gun.

That being said, we can get that trigger pull smooth a bit shorter and lighter without much trouble. Here is my recommendation:

3.5lb Connector (I recommend Ghost Ultimate)
Spring Kit (Wolff 33230 at gunsprings.com)

By getting the entire spring kit you can figure out which combo is best for you. Everyone likes their trigger a bit different so that gives you options. I will gladly help you with the installs when you're ready.

If you are leery about the firing pin spring being so light, call them and ask for a 4.5 or 5lb spring with that kit. That will still get the pull lighter without much risk of light strikes.

Last edited:
I have done my share of Glock triggers over the years. Get the idea of changing the trigger reset and break points in a major way out of your head. As mentioned above to change those requires modification that you won't be comfortable with for a carry gun.

That being said, we can get that trigger pull smooth a bit shorter and lighter without much trouble. Here is my recommendation:

3.5lb Connector (I recommend Ghost Ultimate)
Spring Kit (Wolff 33230 at gunsprings.com)

By getting the entire spring kit you can figure out which combo is best for you. Everyone likes their trigger a bit different so that gives you options. I will gladly help you with the installs when you're ready.

Exactly the answers I've been looking for I want to just smooth it up a bit and keep it reliable. So this looks like my best bet. Is there another connector other the ghost they look like they need to be chopped quite a bit to work and I'd rather a drop in connector.

25 cent trigger job did get rid of the grittiness in my Gen4 19 and I'd be fine carrying the way it is. The Ghost Ultimate would be my next step if I still wanted to lighten the trigger. You really don't want to get under 3.5# if you're carrying it though. Just my .25 [laugh]

Ok I'll probably go that route think you could walk me through installing it? I live near Riley's in hooksett so I'm not sure if your close to give me a hand lol.

Also, like he says, it isn't 3.5# as it's stated on the package. It does lighten the pre-travel and gives you a better reset, but you're still at 4.5#-5#. You'll need to swap the trigger return spring as well so you don't get light strikes. Also, it isn't hard to do at all and gives you experience with dealing with your CCW.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't realize they had an entire kit now. I would just get that with the striker spring you are most comfortable with. I will help you do the install when you get everything.

If you are doing this to a sub/compact glock, I would also suggest looking into getting a smooth faced trigger bar from a full size model. IMO they feel much better than the serrated triggers

If you are doing this to a sub/compact glock, I would also suggest looking into getting a smooth faced trigger bar from a full size model. IMO they feel much better than the serrated triggers

I forgot to mention I did this too. This was a nice little improvement as well.

Don't bother messing with guide rods etc. Not worth the money for a carry pistol. Just get the trigger to your liking and a good comfortable holster.

Ordered the ghost ultimate kit and the glock punch because I'm sick of trying to use an Allen wrench lol. Monday I'm picking up some trijicon HD night sights.

Back
Top Bottom