Need a smith willing to work on a "Not-Glock"

Title says it... Lady Radtekk has a Colt Mustang needing some work. Nothing major, just a tune-up, springs, etc. Probably a good idea to have the ramp polished, trigger "done". Problem is, two smiths that I've approached directly have basically said "I prefer to work on Glocks, that's not my thing..."

We're in no rush, she's actually carrying a Gen4 Glock26 that came properly adjusted, the Mustang is her backup/dressup gun, so I can leave it for a couple of weeks if need be. We live in Chelmsford, I work in Burlington, she works in Newton, so anywhere close to those would be nice, we'll obviously travel a bit.

And no, I won't out the folks who only work on Glocks. I just wont have them work on my Para, Springfield, Rugers, Colts, Glocks...

You are better off. Anyone who prefers to work on only glocks is not a real gunsmith.

I can do everything that needs to be done to a Glock (other than cosmetic machining on the slide) and I wouldn't even begin to call myself a gunsmith.

Last edited:
I have a lot of experience with Mustangs and Sig 238/938's. I just did a trigger job for Cosmo123 and he seems pretty satisfied with it.

Im not that close to you being in Somersworth NH but I know these guns very well.

A friend of mine just had a ton of work done on his mustang at 1776, http://www.1776gunsmithing.com. I haven't seen it yet, but he was real happy with the work. (this particular person is really picky too, so for him to be fully happy, it says something to me.)
With that said, i think Lou at BEC is closer and i have not heard anyone say anything negative about his work.

I've had some work done by Don at 1776. It wasn't complex work, but here are my observations:

1) the work done was done with the highest level of craftsmanship.
2) Don and his partner are both formally trained gunsmiths. I can't remember the university. But it was one of the majors.
3) Don was a super nice guy who did not really charge anywhere near what his work was worth.

Don (not the same don)

Santurri replaced the mag release spring. Asked about the feed ramp and he said they is very little to work with and it doesn't need it.

Also, it ate everyrhing I fed it.

-Proud to be dad every day, a licensed plumber most days, and wish I was a shoemaker on others.

I've had some work done by Don at 1776. It wasn't complex work, but here are my observations:

1) the work done was done with the highest level of craftsmanship.
2) Don and his partner are both formally trained gunsmiths. I can't remember the university. But it was one of the majors.
3) Don was a super nice guy who did not really charge anywhere near what his work was worth.

Don (not the same don)

Another vote for 1776. Don and Tim do great work.

A friend of mine just had a ton of work done on his mustang at 1776, http://www.1776gunsmithing.com. I haven't seen it yet, but he was real happy with the work. (this particular person is really picky too, so for him to be fully happy, it says something to me.)
With that said, i think Lou at BEC is closer and i have not heard anyone say anything negative about his work.

I apologize, it wasn't a mustang, It was a colt 380 government:
Actual pic:
View attachment 103522

It looks nice. Very interested in what work was done, do you know?

Thanks.

You are better off. Anyone who prefers to work on only glocks is not a real gunsmith.

I can do everything that needs to be done to a Glock (other than cosmetic machining on the slide) and I wouldn't even begin to call myself a gunsmith.
+1

Back
Top Bottom