Need a smith for my 11-87

I have a failure to feed problem with my Remington 11-87.
And want to find a smith locally before I send it it back to Remington.
Seems the elevator floor plate wont raise the shell up to be chambered.
Know anyone, on the South Shore maybe?

Is it brand new? Why not send it back to Remington before shelling out money to a smith?

If it's not brand new and you'll have to pay for any service anyhow, the 11-87 is pretty easy to take apart yourself. You may be able to figure it out yourself. Have you tried squirting a little oil in the action and racking the bolt repeatedly to see if things free up? I bought my 11-87 used and took the whole thing down to the last pin to clean the hell out of it which it needed badly.

i had the same problem, first round would shoot fine but a new one wouldnt feed. it needed a new ejection spring in the stock, but when i tried to remove the stock i broke the nut on the spring tube, so i cut the stock off and ended up stripping the threads on the tube trying to get the nut off. so, i looked for a licensed repair shop online and found gunworks in verona NY, so i sent it there. they did an excellent job. my dad gave me this gun, its 20+ years old, since they worked on it its like a brand new gun again.

http://www.cnygunworks.com/page/page/6999971.htm

before you send it out see if you can get the ejection spring out of the stock and replace it. i think it is pretty common that they get old and worn

i looked for a licensed repair shop online and found gunworks in verona NY, so i sent it there. they did an excellent job.

Thanks for the referral .....

Back
Top Bottom