• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Need a recipe for 20Ga 2 3/4 inch Remington Gun Club hulls

wilkoi

NES Member
Hi all, mostly read but seldom post so here goes.
I have been reloading shotgun shells for about 2 years now. 12 Gauge and near 10K per year. I shoot sport clays on Sunday and trap on Thursdays. I recently bought a 20 Ga and want to start reloading them. I would like to use the components I already have. I am looking for a recipe using the following.

Clays powder, Remington Gun Club hulls, Fiocchi 616 primers and I also have Cheddite primers but prefer Fiocchi, 7/8 ounce of #8 lead at near 1200FPS and I will purchase whatever wads I would need.
If anyone has a recipe that they have been using it would be of great help to me. Thanks in advance.

I have no experience in shotgun ammo reloading but had been told years ago that it is pretty much set in stone as far as power goes. At one time I had a barrel full of 12ga. hulls but tossed it in the trash a little at a time. Don't be a stranger.

I looked through my Lyman's handbook for you and couldn't find a 20ga recipes for Clay's.

For what it's worth, I've been using International so I can reload 12 and 20 gauge for skeet (both in Rem hulls, usually #9 shot) and have no complaints. Not sure if you want to make the switch on powder, but figured I'd pass the information along.

I'm using 13.5gn of International with a WAA20 wad (CB1078-20) and any primer I can find at this point (Use this recipe at your own risk). FYI: This recipe struggles to cycle my 11-87 so may want to use in an O/U or Pump.

I just started shooting 20G and didn't think much of it since I use Red Dot for 12G. 20G powders are different. I was lucky to have Universal Clays | Pistol and some HS-6 to reload using AAs.

I have uploaded what it shows in the book I have.

Attachments

• Remington_20G.jpg
    Remington_20G.jpg
    526.3 KB · Views: 7
Hi all, mostly read but seldom post so here goes.
I have been reloading shotgun shells for about 2 years now. 12 Gauge and near 10K per year. I shoot sport clays on Sunday and trap on Thursdays. I recently bought a 20 Ga and want to start reloading them. I would like to use the components I already have. I am looking for a recipe using the following.

Clays powder, Remington Gun Club hulls, Fiocchi 616 primers and I also have Cheddite primers but prefer Fiocchi, 7/8 ounce of #8 lead at near 1200FPS and I will purchase whatever wads I would need.
If anyone has a recipe that they have been using it would be of great help to me. Thanks in advance.
Any luck with that 20 guage Remington gun club hull recipe? Looking for the same.

Back
Top Bottom