Need a recipe for 20Ga 2 3/4 inch Remington Gun Club hulls

wilkoi

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hi all, mostly read but seldom post so here goes.
I have been reloading shotgun shells for about 2 years now. 12 Gauge and near 10K per year. I shoot sport clays on Sunday and trap on Thursdays. I recently bought a 20 Ga and want to start reloading them. I would like to use the components I already have. I am looking for a recipe using the following.

Clays powder, Remington Gun Club hulls, Fiocchi 616 primers and I also have Cheddite primers but prefer Fiocchi, 7/8 ounce of #8 lead at near 1200FPS and I will purchase whatever wads I would need.
If anyone has a recipe that they have been using it would be of great help to me. Thanks in advance.

Fixxah

NES Member
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I have no experience in shotgun ammo reloading but had been told years ago that it is pretty much set in stone as far as power goes. At one time I had a barrel full of 12ga. hulls but tossed it in the trash a little at a time. Don't be a stranger.

Mr. Malibu

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I looked through my Lyman's handbook for you and couldn't find a 20ga recipes for Clay's.

For what it's worth, I've been using International so I can reload 12 and 20 gauge for skeet (both in Rem hulls, usually #9 shot) and have no complaints. Not sure if you want to make the switch on powder, but figured I'd pass the information along.

I'm using 13.5gn of International with a WAA20 wad (CB1078-20) and any primer I can find at this point (Use this recipe at your own risk). FYI: This recipe struggles to cycle my 11-87 so may want to use in an O/U or Pump.

lazypengu1n

NES Member
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
I just started shooting 20G and didn't think much of it since I use Red Dot for 12G. 20G powders are different. I was lucky to have Universal Clays | Pistol and some HS-6 to reload using AAs.

I have uploaded what it shows in the book I have.

Attachments

• Remington_20G.jpg
    Remington_20G.jpg
    526.3 KB · Views: 6
Top Bottom