• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Need a quick valuation.

slap shot

NES Member
334B56AB-E360-4509-BAC6-1E069943879A.png 86519894-8790-4C79-8655-2F94540CA366.png My dad’s friend in Florida is having an estate sale and is selling this piece. Looks pretty cool but I have no idea what it’s worth. I think it’s a .22 but am asking.

Any guesses?

? I dont think its "worth" a lot. Whats with the cord? I see some tarnish/corrosion or something just in front of the receiver? It looks like its been played with by the grand kids? Not to be a pita but the case looks beat also....
Heres a mint one on GB for a buy now of $750

Colt Frontier Scout Missouri Sesquicent 61059 - Revolvers at GunBroker.com : 826858806

just messing around and found these frontier 22s up on RIA auction ?

for wahts its worth I would say if you like it because its cool then set your price limit.
If you poke around on GB (i know its not a end all to value ) you can get a good idea of what sells and what does not.

Last edited:
commemorative stuff like that is what the market will bear and honestly, not too popular unless you have a connection to the theme. i read once that the most sought after commemoritive firearms were anything john wayne.

You planning to just have it on display or try to shoot it too? Personally, I wouldn't purchase a gun that I would never fire. Seems a bit pointless to me.

Same. I would definitely use it. I have about a dozen 22s and shoot them all. Revolver, semi, bolt hmmm no levers damn

Last edited:
That looks like a gun that's already been shot a few times...or played with moderately. Definitely not something I'd be afraid to shoot! I'd say $500 would be a good price point...give or take $50.

Anything less than $450 and you'd be stealing it...imagine the looks you'd get when you show up to the range with a saddle leather holster and start doing quick draw on the firing line :D

.22, meh...still be a lot of fun!

That looks like a gun that's already been shot a few times...or played with moderately. I'd say $500 would be a good price point...give or take $50.

Anything less than $450 and you'd be stealing it...imagine the looks you'd get when you show up to the range with a saddle leather holster and start doing quick draw on the firing line :D

Lol I need a nice mare too. Maybe this is all because I’m reading Lonesome Dove atm.

Last edited:
factor in the cost of one of these
images

and one of these (hats) upload_2019-8-17_11-41-26.jpeg

and deduct from the high bidding price, because that gun should really already come with them...the fact that they don't is pure negligence on the part of the deceased.

I never really thought about it, but FL must be a friggen treasure trove for estate sales/gun collection selloffs!?!?! All the folks that go there to die (some to avoid the 'death tax')...If I ever make it down there again, I might look into taking up a new career as a funeral chaser and start handing out business cards to widows :D

As a general rule, anything that is sold with the purpose of becoming a collectible (Machine engraved gun produced by the hundreds; limited edition anniversary specials; tribute guns; commemorative pocket knives; etc.) will never really have much of a premium. The premium goes to collectibles that nobody thought of such when they bought them (think Python) or uncommon editions that were quietly sold without much fanfare about future collectibility (think Boa).

Anything from the Bradford Mint qualifies as "bogus collectible", as do most "special edition guns". Buy the later if you like the gun; not because you think it will bring a premium in the future. Unless you see a short one time run of a Colt named after a snake, of course.

As a general rule, comemorative firearms will never really be worth any more than the base value of the firearm itself.

As a general rule, comemorative firearms will never really be worth any more than the base value of the firearm itself.

Understood. I was just asking here for ballpark in case we had an expert, as I searched online auction results. Any new gun day is a good day. :)

Back
Top Bottom