Need a new trigger for your AR

F'd Right There trigger. ROFL!!!!! Sponsored by Big Brother Industries. Makers of "No, it's OK. Take this key of cocaine. No one's gonna know." And "Who can really tell how old she is. Just go F her." (longtermprisonsentencenotincluded. . . . but expect it)

There are only (at least) three other threads about this:

For the uninitiated in Geissele triggers, how much better is this than, say, an ALG for $60-70? I mean, I've heard nothing but rave reviews, but it's an investment.
I only owned SSA's.

I did my research and I have been very happy from the beginning.

I have felt mil spec triggers after I bought my SSA's and they feel like crap.

Triggers on guns are like tires for cars. That is where the rubber meets the road. Don't be a skinflint.
Maybe watch some videos first.

I only owned SSA's.

I did my research and I have been very happy from the beginning.

I have felt mil spec triggers after I bought my SSA's and they feel like crap.

Triggers on guns are like tires for cars. That is where the rubber meets the road. Don't be a skinflint.
Maybe watch some videos first.
ALG is actually quite respectable for a closer to milspec trigger. Definitely got my money's worth, but did spend close to entry level. But I'm thinking about graduating to a better trigger now. I'll check out reports on the SSA's.

The SSA has for a long time been the trigger all others are measured by. It is a component that has proven itself in literally millions if rifles. It is crisp, and way more importantly, it is consistent and reliable. You get what you pay for. If you wait long enough, you can catch the SSA/SDC/SSA-E/SDC-E for $180 on sale. Totally worth it.

ALG is actually quite respectable for a closer to milspec trigger. Definitely got my money's worth, but did spend close to entry level. But I'm thinking about graduating to a better trigger now. I'll check out reports on the SSA's.
For a single stage, “duty/combat” weight trigger, ALG is superb. I’m a big fan, and it was well worth the money.

For a single stage, “duty/combat” weight trigger, ALG is superb. I’m a big fan, and it was well worth the money.
I have an ACT in one of my AR9 SBR builds. I picked it after doing a decent amount of research on "better than milspec", but still duty. I'm with you. Not disappointed in the least. Still interested though to see how much a gucci trigger improves range accuracy. I don't think I'd feel comfortable though using too light a trigger on something I'd defend myself with, so I'll keep the ACT for that purpose.

I have an ACT in one of my AR9 SBR builds. I picked it after doing a decent amount of research on "better than milspec", but still duty. I'm with you. Not disappointed in the least. Still interested though to see how much a gucci trigger improves range accuracy. I don't think I'd feel comfortable though using too light a trigger on something I'd defend myself with, so I'll keep the ACT for that purpose.
pointless conversation. you are comparing a single stage #6 trigger with a 2 stage #3.5 (or #4.5 if not lucky) trigger.

a light trigger is a #1 - #1.5. :)
i set my bolt actions on close to #2 and find it perfect for me. would love for an AR to break at #2, but ,it is not doable, at least i do not know of any trigger like that, but, the Larue is fine with its break and needs no improvement.
a mill spec #9 triggers are meant to prevent troops from an accidental nervous trigger squeeze. the more # of pull you got, less accurate your shot usually is.

PS. wrote it up and realized i did something last time - remeasured, and, i did set all my 3 bolt action rifles to 1.5# pull now.

pointless conversation. you are comparing a single stage #6 trigger with a 2 stage #3.5 (or #4.5 if not lucky) trigger.

i set my bolt actions on close to #2 and find it perfect for me. would love for an AR to break at #2, but ,it is not doable, at least i do not know of any trigger like that, but, the Larue is fine with its break and needs no improvement.
a mill spec #9 triggers are meant to prevent troops from an accidental nervous trigger squeeze. the more # of pull you got, less accurate your shot usually is.

PS. wrote it up and realized i did something last time - remeasured, and, i did set all my 3 bolt action rifles to 1.5# pull now.

No, I'm discussing ACT because PappyM3 mentioned single stage.

Edited to note: I thought my 2 stage was ALG as well, but I think that's wrong now that I think about it. You might have a point there.

i put this on one build $225, JARD AR Set Trigger , 12-13oz, when used in set mode and 4lb normal mode, super crisp break, wide shoe. great for shooting golf balls at 200 yards. not a duty type trigger , but still fun.

these get down to 1.75lb, $149 JARD AR Module Trigger System , and i have a couple set at 2,.5lb, and love them

i put this on one build $225, JARD AR Set Trigger , 12-13oz, when used in set mode and 4lb normal mode, super crisp break, wide shoe. great for shooting golf balls at 200 yards. not a duty type trigger , but still fun.

these get down to 1.75lb, $149 JARD AR Module Trigger System , and i have a couple set at 2,.5lb, and love them

American Gold Trigger, 3.5 # break according to spec, feels lighter. I've got it on a couple of my ARs and really like it - but it's expensive...

I have a timney impact in one and a larue mbt2 in an other. Love them both but prefer the timney. It is single stage. Great price point though. Got mine for only $125. Drops right in. The larue is awesome as well but more of a single stage guy.

Back
Top Bottom