• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Need a new club!

So recently I understand that my club is going to a series of stations at our rifle range with holes you have to shoot through off of a bench. As a hunter I could care less if I'm just sighting in a firearm but I recently purchased a couple of rifles that I would like to learn to shoot in any position that I want.

Are there any clubs within an hour drive from Chelmsford that have ranges that are wide open where I can shoot sitting standing prone whatever I want? The only other concern I would have is that I didn't want to join a club that had a big requirement for work hours. I just want to join pay and shoot. That isn't a deal-breaker though.
Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the responses I'm thinking maybe Pelham. They have a 600 yard range and I'd like to try high power one day.

Worcester Pistol Rifle Club in Boylston. About 35 miles from Chelmsford. 100 yrd outside rifle. Work Party hours are optional and not a requirement. We are just getting ready for spring time new members. If you are available tomorrow morning, we have a work party going on and you can come by and check out the ranges.

Home - Worcester Pistol and Rifle Club

Jay

Are there any clubs within an hour drive from Chelmsford that have ranges that are wide open where I can shoot sitting standing prone whatever I want? The only other concern I would have is that I didn't want to join a club that had a big requirement for work hours. I just want to join pay and shoot. That isn't a deal-breaker though.
Westford has 100 yard rifle and 75'+ pistol outdoors.
Non-senior members can pay $50 in lieu of 4 hours work per year.

No waiting list, and since there's not much of a pro-rating scheme for dues,
joining early in the year gets you the most bang for your dues dollar.

Harvard or Westford. Harvard has 100, 200 and 300 yard (you need to quality for 200/300). Both are great clubs, but if you are into rifle Harvard beats Westford. Shirley also has a 200 yard, but not near as must in other ranges.

Leominster Sportsmen's..... you can stop at 2 Kimball's on the way here! ;)
www.lsa-ma.org

ps come on down for the Sunday morning Winter Rifle matches

Back
Top Bottom