• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Need a little gift help

Swamp Rat

NES Member
I have been laid up in the hospital and rehab for the last 8 days. I had double knee replacements done and I am doing great. What I need help with is I am being discharge on Wednesday and would like to get the nurses and pt staff something for all their help. Any suggestion? I was operated on last Friday at the Baptist by doctor Talmo and I walking siting and some squatting with minimal pain as of today.

Thank you.

Depends on how many people and what your budget is, but the nurses I know would love something from Edible Arrangements, especially since they often work long hours with minimal meal breaks. It is a nice and healthy gesture for sure.

Otherwise, Dunks gift cards are always welcome!

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

I make a killer chocolate pecan bourbon pie - When I was laid up with DV I was well tended and wanted to do something for the staff of the infusion ward.
It was well received... I don't know about kitchen time after recent major ortho surgery tho!

Perhaps something commercial, but special. Kondeitermeister?

depends on budget but at the very least a well written personal thank you note will be surely appreciated.

beyond that consider the shift rotations, which usually means you need a gift in duplicate or triplicate--one for each shift. some sort of healthy shareable snack is a good option. if you have someone that can stop by a grocery store and buy a nice fruit basket or assortment of cut up fruit then that would be nice.

DK gift cards are the best bet. Everybody can use one or re-gift one. You can also order take out, but never, ever, ever bring in something homemade.

A well written thank you is really appreciated. If there was exceptional service recognizing those individuals who went above and beyond for you to management/department heads is especially great!
For the group as a whole (just what I have seen or sent): Edible Arrangements is nice and healthy; a cookie/brownie bouquet- some come individually wrapped so if they cannot eat at that moment, they can grab an item 'to go' for later consumption; a basket containing a pound or two of coffee with some yummy munchies; nice box of chocolates (or three for the different shifts). Anything above a heartfelt thank you is a generous bonus, but not necessary.

Good luck with your recovery- may it be uneventful, a great success, and may your health/function be fully restored!!!

Back
Top Bottom