Need a Generator Mechanic

TTA89

NES Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I recently moved into a house with a fixed generator that runs on propane. It looks to be 10-12+ years old and says "Elliott Power Systems" with a model MPSG12 on the side. I can't find a serial number and I've called 4-5 places and can't find anyone who will come out to look at the thing without a serial number. I looked at the motor and it's a Kohler and appears to be in great shape. I started it up before the gas company came out and it sounds good, oil it clean, new plug and filter.

The gas company came by to do their new customer inspection and said there is an internal leak to the generator and shut off the valve. I'd like to get it fixed but I have no idea what I'm doing here, I assume there is some type of gas regulator that is leaking and probably needs to be replaced?

I'm located off Exit 3 on 93 in NH. Anyone work on this stuff or have a lead for me? The electrician that put it in says he has a guy but he is in CT and charges by the mile plus an hourly rate... [rolleyes]

center442

NES Member
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I did a little websearching and came up with the following links:

Elliott Power Systems. Read the last post. EPS was apparently taken over by a company called Genmac, apparently an Italian company.

This is the Genmac site. They have an email for inquiries. Genmac apparently manufactures the generator 'head.' If your problem is a gas leak that's going to be in the engine manufactured by Kohler. You can find their service network at Kohler Power: Kohler Home Generators and Residential Generators

Don't know if that will help but it's all I could come up with.

Top Bottom