• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Need .30 Carbine casings (just several) + borrow .32acp dies

Any chance anyone has a few extra (like five) .30carbine casings? I want to try to make 7.65mannlicher brass from .30carbine brass by trimming it down to length, but I am afraid the rim may be too big. So I'd like to try a few before ordering a large batch. I'll drive to pickup or cover shipping if you're too far.

Thanks,
Marcus

PS: If anyone has a set of .32acp dies I could borrow I'd much appreciate it. Basically I want to resize trimmed down .30carbine brass in a 32acp die that will hopefully fit the chamber of the pistol.

Last edited:
Thank you to everyone that responded. PM's were replied to.

I am located in the Lakes Region (NH), but I am part-time in the North Shore (MA) often. So anywhere in-between, or a little further north or south and I can pickup.

A local friend emailed me this morning to let me know he has some .30 carbine cases he can spare, so I am going to meet up with him later today. So now I just need the .32acp dies to borrow.

A little background on what I am trying to do: 7.65mannlicher looks like a long .32acp that is rimless. It hasn't been produced since the late 1940's as far as I know. I have some original rounds that I have measured. Basically, 32acp cases are the same diameter, but too short. .30 carbine could be trimmed into the right length, but the diameter is just slightly (.050" IIRC) too large. I am wondering if I can trim and resize .30carbine cases in .32acp dies to make 7.65mannlicher cases. The alternative is buying extremely expensive brass made from 32-20 casings for about $70 per 100 that was formed into 7.65mannlicher.

If I can accomplish that, then I can use 85gr .32acp bullets. Load data is barely available; it seems 7.65mannlicher is much hotter than .32acp, perhaps because the pistol is a delayed blowback design, so if I start low and work up I should be safe.

Here is the gun. It won't arrive for a few weeks, but I wanted to check to see if anyone had the components I could borrow. Hardly anyone shoots these guns; about 10,000 were made total and the cartridge is totally obsolete. So this is going to be my spring project. Of course, all this is dependent on the gun being complete, safe to shoot and without any broken parts. That remains to be seen.

photo1pgx.jpg

Last edited:
If you are going to try to reduce the diameter of the case all the way to the web area, you run the risk of a stuck case (even with proper lube). So my suggestion is to remove any decapping pin in the sizer die before running cases into it: this will make using a stuck case remover easier.

Thank you to everyone that responded. PM's were replied to.

I am located in the Lakes Region (NH), but I am part-time in the North Shore (MA) often. So anywhere in-between, or a little further north or south and I can pickup.

A local friend emailed me this morning to let me know he has some .30 carbine cases he can spare, so I am going to meet up with him later today. So now I just need the .32acp dies to borrow.

A little background on what I am trying to do: 7.65mannlicher looks like a long .32acp that is rimless. It hasn't been produced since the late 1940's as far as I know. I have some original rounds that I have measured. Basically, 32acp cases are the same diameter, but too short. .30 carbine could be trimmed into the right length, but the diameter is just slightly (.050" IIRC) too large. I am wondering if I can trim and resize .30carbine cases in .32acp dies to make 7.65mannlicher cases. The alternative is buying extremely expensive brass made from 32-20 casings for about $70 per 100 that was formed into 7.65mannlicher.

If I can accomplish that, then I can use 85gr .32acp bullets. Load data is barely available; it seems 7.65mannlicher is much hotter than .32acp, perhaps because the pistol is a delayed blowback design, so if I start low and work up I should be safe.

Here is the gun. It won't arrive for a few weeks, but I wanted to check to see if anyone had the components I could borrow. Hardly anyone shoots these guns; about 10,000 were made total and the cartridge is totally obsolete. So this is going to be my spring project. Of course, all this is dependent on the gun being complete, safe to shoot and without any broken parts. That remains to be seen.

photo1pgx.jpg

with an old gun like that start shooting old targets and old people first, then work your way up to newer stuff, cool looking gun.

You might have a bit more luck asking for the original name, which is 7.63 Mannlicher. In Germany it was called 7.65 so people wouldn't confuse it with the 7.63x25 Mauser. You'll probably be hardpressed squashing down the M-1 Carbine brass, especially the approx. .050" you allude to. If you or someone you know has access to a lathe, you might consider reworking some of the longer .32 revolver rounds. On a seperate note, google Buffalo Arms?, they sell/did sell reworked 32-20?.

You might have a bit more luck asking for the original name, which is 7.63 Mannlicher. In Germany it was called 7.65 so people wouldn't confuse it with the 7.63x25 Mauser. You'll probably be hardpressed squashing down the M-1 Carbine brass, especially the approx. .050" you allude to. If you or someone you know has access to a lathe, you might consider reworking some of the longer .32 revolver rounds. On a seperate note, google Buffalo Arms?, they sell/did sell reworked 32-20?.

Yes, they do sell it...for $67 per 100cases. I'll buy it if I have to, but I am trying not to. Worst case I'm hoping that their 7.65mannlicher brass could be resize in a 32acp die.

I have a couple cases labeled 7.62 M1A
If these are what you need I could send them to you

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom