• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Neat Milsurp Price Check Website

USMA-82

NES Member
I'm not sure how often it's updated, but this site has a pretty neat chart of milsurp values. If nothing else, it's a good place to start checking how good a deal you're getting:

http://www.fo.com/cr-buds/prices.asp

Ranges are kinda wide for each level of condition, but I think it's still a good tool. Let's me know how much I've overpaid!!!

Milsurps - according to the chart, you STOLE that Hakim at the Marlboro Show!

Your right there! it is a neat site and i bookmarked it and it answerd a question i asked earlier on another thread "Good Work USMA-82"
Thanks Sheriff Dudley. s.a.s.s. #17925

USMA-82 said:
Milsurps - according to the chart, you STOLE that Hakim at the Marlboro Show!

They list Very Good condition at $360 - $450. I'd say the rifle's condition is definitely very good. Giving the fact that I paid $250, yeah, I shoulda been wearing a ski mask. [smile]
That guy had a wide range of rifles, all with good prices from what I saw, especially the 22 cal. ones he had. I may have to look up his info and name in my book and see if he has a shop.
On a diferent note, I noticed one thing that site had wrong.... Russian SVT40s listed as very common. Pfffft! Yeah right, maybe where he is.
Other than that the prices are pretty much right on from what I can tell. Keeping in mind that these are fair prices and not greedy gun show dealer or crazed shop owner prices, and minus the fact that being a Massachusetts resident the value to us may be considered higher due to what we'd pay for some pre ban rifles like the AK47s listed, it looks like a good place to get a rough idea on what your collection is worth.
Right now after searching that link... theres some happy NESr's and some that are sad. [laugh]

Neat Price checks on millies!

Milsurps 4 Me said:
I may have to look up his info and name in my book and see if he has a shop.

If the guy has a shop and his prices are that good "will you share the info?"

Huh? the Sheriff,s got a ski-mask!! Ha Ha

S.D.

Speaking of the elusive SVT-40:

When I was down in North Carolina last week on vacation, I stopped in at a "Pawn & Gun" store in Wilmington. The guy behind the counter was telling me about an SVT-40 he bought a couple years ago - for $125! All matching, great shape, etc. I asked how much he thought is was worth now, and he said, "I don't know... maybe $250?"

They're out there, Milsurps... we just gotta find them. Me first, though.

Nice site. According to his listing, maybe I should borrow the Sheriff's mask. My Marlboro purchased No4 Mk2 Fazakerly was as steal in the condition it's in.

Gary

USMA-82 said:
Speaking of the elusive SVT-40:

When I was down in North Carolina last week on vacation, I stopped in at a "Pawn & Gun" store in Wilmington. The guy behind the counter was telling me about an SVT-40 he bought a couple years ago - for $125! All matching, great shape, etc. I asked how much he thought is was worth now, and he said, "I don't know... maybe $250?"

They're out there, Milsurps... we just gotta find them. Me first, though.

Oh they are indeed out there, way out there and not around here. At least not for a steal of a deal. I'd love to have mom and pop pawn shops on a corner here and there in Mass. We'd be rolling in values and hidden gems for milsurps. [smile]

Milsurps 4 Me said:
Oh they are indeed out there, way out there and not around here. At least not for a steal of a deal. I'd love to have mom and pop pawn shops on a corner here and there in Mass. We'd be rolling in values and hidden gems for milsurps. [smile]

Just be aware that MGLs specifically make it a crime to "loan money for guns" and thus bar pawn shops from taking in firearms of any sort. Don't know when this happened, but in mid-late 1960s it was NOT like that and guns were in the windows of Cambridge pawn shops along Mass. Ave.

Back
Top Bottom