Neat little Christmas present

basscatfrank

NES Member
Got this from the missus. It's called a BUGBite. Wore it for the first time this weekend carrying my pocket .380. It sounds cliché but I actually forgot I was wearing it. The only "problem" I have is that since I like it I want to upgrade my little .380 to a better quality ankle gun. Any suggestions?

1609345059003.png

looks pretty nice! me, i'm too f***ing old to be doing aerobics to reach for my firearm. this would work for me if i was pushed to the ground. and why in heavens gate would you want to upgrade a .380? you've done the hard part...admit you carry one. [laugh]

Could get a Kahr 380. Insanely small, light, and reliable.

Want smaller/lighter? Keltec P3AT or P32.

No lol he means kahr... they make great guns. Outside of the trigger which is really nice just dao. If they did a standard striker fire that took p series mags they would sell like hotcakes

For a long while, Kahr was on the verge of releasing Gen 2 P series, which would have included (supposedly) a much more tactile and shorter trigger and an accessory rail. The prototype I saw even had a dingus, so it was possible they switched from DAO to a modern striker fire. But for reasons unknown, they basically stopped talking about it in 2019 and now act like it was never a thing. I know I'm not imagining it, because I have an email to them in 2018 asking when they were expected for release and they said they were experiencing prototype issues and decided not to release yet.

But if you think about it, if Kahr did release it, it would just be yet another set of striker fired polymer guns no different than the rest, at which point Glock, Sig, and S&W would destroy them in competition. As it stands, their smooth DAO trigger (love em or hate em) sets them apart. I do like the feel of my P9, but have come to hate the trigger. The mags suck too.

EDITED: I guess they must have released them and I didn't notice. They go under the "KP" tag.

Last edited:
For a long while, Kahr was on the verge of releasing Gen 2 P series, which would have included (supposedly) a much more tactile and shorter trigger and an accessory rail. The prototype I saw even had a dingus, so it was possible they switched from DAO to a modern striker fire. But for reasons unknown, they basically stopped talking about it in 2019 and now act like it was never a thing. I know I'm not imagining it, because I have an email to them in 2018 asking when they were expected for release and they said they were experiencing prototype issues and decided not to release yet.

But if you think about it, if Kahr did release it, it would just be yet another set of striker fired polymer guns no different than the rest, at which point Glock, Sig, and S&W would destroy them in competition. As it stands, their smooth DAO trigger (love em or hate em) sets them apart. I do like the feel of my P9, but have come to hate the trigger. The mags suck too.

EDITED: I guess they must have released them and I didn't notice. They go under the "KP" tag.
Interesting I didn't see it on their site.

I hate the mags too lol and I've run hot and cold on them... usually I pick them up if I see em around 250 on armslist... but I've never kept one that long..

I hate the mags too lol and I've run hot and cold on them... usually I pick them up if I see em around 250 on armslist... but I've never kept one that long..

Ok. Now I'm confused again. So Kahr got ahead of themselves at one point and posted info about Gen 2 before its release, then didn't release them (or so I thought). That's why I knew about them. But oddly, they still have the webpage up despite not actually offering these pistols under their pistol page of their website.

So one would think they never sold them, but if you search for them, a few shops seem to have them:

So yeah, I'm confused.

Forgot to mention, there's a company called Lakeline that makes metal followers for Kahr mags. The advantage, besides the metal, is that they are properly scalloped which makes Kahr mag nose dives less common. However, it's a shame you need a $20/pop fix for the mag in the first place. Still, the mags don't always drop free despite being metal and are almost Sig mag nutty on pricing despite their shortcomings.

Ok. Now I'm confused again. So Kahr got ahead of themselves at one point and posted info about Gen 2 before its release, then didn't release them (or so I thought). That's why I knew about them. But oddly, they still have the webpage up despite not actually offering these pistols under their pistol page of their website.

So one would think they never sold them, but if you search for them, a few shops seem to have them:

So yeah, I'm confused.
They had a weird run back in the day for a bit... remember they had a target pistol too. Like they were trying to follow market trends... but it was still a kahr every time so they failed and they stayed in their little niche.

I personally would love to see them come out with a double stack 9 and a striker trigger... they won't but id love it. I think their slides are sexy the grips feel great I even like the lollipop sights. Their build materials are fantastic.

I just never got past the trigger. I could slow fire and group really well. But once you start running double taps or whatever drill you like accuracy just nose dives

Forgot to mention, there's a company called Lakeline that makes metal followers for Kahr mags. The advantage, besides the metal, is that they are properly scalloped which makes Kahr mag nose dives less common. However, it's a shame you need a $20/pop fix for the mag in the first place. Still, the mags don't always drop free despite being metal and are almost Sig mag nutty on pricing despite their shortcomings.
Lol I've never had that problem with all but 1 mag that was of unknown age thats spring was probably going.

And I've had 9 kahrs and 25ish mags of theirs

What I've always hated was how bad they tear up your thumb

They had a weird run back in the day for a bit... remember they had a target pistol too. Like they were trying to follow market trends... but it was still a kahr every time so they failed and they stayed in their little niche.

I personally would love to see them come out with a double stack 9 and a striker trigger... they won't but id love it. I think their slides are sexy the grips feel great I even like the lollipop sights. Their build materials are fantastic.

I just never got past the trigger. I could slow fire and group really well. But once you start running double taps or whatever drill you like accuracy just nose dives

Same here. The trigger is very smooth, but almost to a fault. It is hard to distinguish the wall to break point, and equally as hard to find the non-tactile reset. Makes shooting at or faster than 1 rd/sec tricky. Although, I will say for slow fire, it actually breaks some of my bad habits not knowing exactly when the action will ignite the round.

Back
Top Bottom